Windows 10: How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?

Discus and support How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, After the latest update to the now Windows Store-exclusive iCloud app (first Nvidia with their Control Panel and now this...ugh), I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by That Laggy Guy, May 6, 2020.

1. How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?

Hello all,

After the latest update to the now Windows Store-exclusive iCloud app (first Nvidia with their Control Panel and now this...ugh), I have multiple iCloud Photos folders in my Explorer sidebar and my OCD is going wild. Does anyone know how I'd go about removing them? The only solutions I've found online have been for removing the folder as shown in pic 1 (edits to reg under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\xxxx), whereas my issue is removing the folders shown in pic 2.

Pic 1: Not my Issue

How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar? [​IMG]

Pic 2: My Issue

How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar? [​IMG]

Running 1909.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

:)

That Laggy Guy, May 6, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar? :)

justinmreina, May 6, 2020
  3. m1xed0s Win User
    Prevent iCloud Photos Folder Being Auto-Created?

I have iCloud for Windows v7.0.1.210 on Windows 10 version 1703. I only enabled iCloud Drive and web bookmark sync features. But somehow the iCloud Photos folder is created automatically every time I open the iCloud setting after I deleted it manually, especially annoyingly it got added to my Quick access list inside File Explorer.

BTW, anyway to remove the iCloud icon from system tray on windows 10?

m1xed0s, May 6, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, May 6, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?

1. How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar? - Similar Threads - Remove iCloud Photos

2. How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Remove iCloud Photos Folders from Sidebar?: Hello all, After the latest update to the now Windows Store-exclusive iCloud app (first Nvidia with their Control Panel and now this...ugh), I have multiple iCloud Photos folders in my Explorer sidebar and my OCD is going wild. Does anyone know how I'd go about removing...
  3. remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: so I'm completely frustrated that I cant delete this stupid icloud photo's folder that has duplicated itself on the file explorer side bar. Ive deleted the folder source so now it errors when you click the folder and I cant delete the shortcut which I never wanted in the...
  4. How do i remove this bluetooth folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove this bluetooth folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcan0a/how_do_i_remove_this_bluetooth_folder/
  5. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  6. how do I get en jpeg photo when I download photos from icloud? It occurs as an uneditable...

how do I get en jpeg photo when I download photos from icloud? It occurs as an uneditable...: how do I get en jpeg photo when I download photos from icloud? It occurs as an uneditable web-file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-en-jpeg-photo-when-i-download-photos/635e5320-afe4-48d9-ab8d-7652f6ffc62f"
  7. How to download photos from iCloud?

How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  8. How do i remove a profile photo?

How do i remove a profile photo?: How do I remove a photo from y profile as admin or is it stuck there for life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-remove-a-profile-photo/ed1d1989-957a-4f5c-a3c5-752e6ebc2867
  9. Unable to remove a folder from Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove a folder from Photos: Microsoft Photos ver 2018.18051.18420.0 Can add a folder to my Microsoft Photos, but am unable to remove it from the app. Is there a setting that I am missing?...
  10. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud for windows multiple icloud photos folders in windows explorer

2. window icloud.com

3. how to remove the folders from “this pc” on windows 10 icloud

4. multip icloud photos folders in side bar remove