Windows 10: How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

Discus and support How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I signed into the xbox console companion app to change my daughter's gamertag. Now her account is somehow linked to my local account.When I go to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BrazilNut2000, Aug 22, 2021.

1. How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

I signed into the xbox console companion app to change my daughter's gamertag. Now her account is somehow linked to my local account.When I go to winkey => settings => Your info, I see my local account name with her email address listed below it.When I try to go to Firefox, the Microsoft family features window pops up telling me I need to ask for permission to use the app.When I click on Email & Accounts, her account is listed under "Accounts used by other apps". When I click her account, there is no "remove" or "delete" option. The only button available is "manage", which launches a

:)

BrazilNut2000, Aug 22, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    My admin account switched to a user account!

The first of the many diagrams in this thread show that the link Sign in with a local account instead is displayed for the account that is currently logged on and so the reversion procedure might work for this account. For normal circumstances, that would initiate the conversion back to a local account for the user account currently logged in - see my 23rd & 26th September 2016 posts in revert to local account from one converted to MSAccount. I have no way of knowing how Windows will react to an attempt to use this procedure for the Built-In Admin account and I do not know if that link Sign in with a local account instead will be displayed or not.

I think I side-stepped this issue by suggesting that that
    • An extra password-protected Admin level account is created, and
    • The Built-In Admin is disabled, and
    • The recovery attempt focuses on whichever existing user account remains active afterwards.

Personally, I would reinstall Windows 10 without even attempting this recovery. Installation takes very little effort once everything is backed up and the only necessary user interactions are right at the start & right at the end so it can be initiated before making a pot of tea. It took about 30, 60 & 90 minutes for each of my computers [the 30 minuter is 6 months old, the 60 minuter is 7 years old, 90 minuter is 12 years old].

Raner - I am trying to avoid sounding like I am nagging you into doing a clean install.
    • Once you have recovered the existing user account you can attempt to re-enable & remove the MSAccount link from your Built-In Admin if that link appears in Settings, Accounts.
    • Bree says it cannot be done and I think the same but I have never tried - I have never been able to get to Settings using the Built-In Admin because it cannot run any Windows 10 Apps so I do not know how it can be done [but the diagrams in Bree's link shows that those users got there].
    • Even though I have the safety of having created two spare password-protected Admin accounts I would not want to know that my Built-In Admin was sitting in the background but unable to help me if my other accounts were corrupted.

Denis

4. nlpub Win User

How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response. We hadn't set up separate accounts (with parental controls) for our kids because this is a desktop computer in a communal space in the house, so we haven't felt it necessary. The restrictions (and association) only came to light
    because I was trying to resolve some issues on our home network and a box came up saying I wasn't old enough to change those settings!

My son may have solved the problem, but I need to poke around a little to be sure. Here is some more detail:

When Windows 10 was initially installed, it was installed with a local account. When my daughter created a Microsoft account, that Account>Your Info page started listing her Microsoft account email address as the one associated with our admin account, although
    it kept the name of the account the same as our local account.

What my son did was to go into the Your Info page and click on the "stop signing me into my Microsoft account automatically" link. (Sorry. That's not the correct wording. I can't remember the exact wording and it isn't there anymore...) Now that screen
    once again lists it as a "local account" (still under the original name) and my daughter's Microsoft account email is gone. I'm not sure if that is the end of it or not, but if not, I will try your suggestions. Either way I'll report back.

Thanks again,

Nick

nlpub, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

1. How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account - Similar Threads - remove link daughter's

2. Please help, I cannot remove my windows account from the local admin account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, I cannot remove my windows account from the local admin account.: I am so frustrated with this. I have a laptop with access to the built in local administrator account. This laptop does not belong to me and I need to remove my credentials from the admin account. Under the account settings my account is listed and the remove button is not...
  3. Please help, I cannot remove my windows account from the local admin account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help, I cannot remove my windows account from the local admin account.: I am so frustrated with this. I have a laptop with access to the built in local administrator account. This laptop does not belong to me and I need to remove my credentials from the admin account. Under the account settings my account is listed and the remove button is not...
  4. Please help, I cannot remove my windows account from the local admin account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Childs account linked to local user admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account linked to local user admin account: Hi,I use a local account in windows 11 which has administer privileges. After I had logged my child into the xbox app their email address has been associated with the local account and now all the child safe settings have been applied to the local admin account and I can't...
  6. How do i log into my local admin window account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i log into my local admin window account?: i already try everything including using netplwiz but it require admin account and password, when i press enter it said 'wrong username or password'. My local admin account also didn't show up at lockscreen....
  7. How do i log into my local admin window account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i log into my local admin window account?: i already try everything including using netplwiz but it require admin account and password, when i press enter it said 'wrong username or password'. My local admin account also didn't show up at lockscreen....
  8. How do i log into my local admin window account?

9. Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

Remove email account linked to my local Windows account: Good day, Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account? Because of this Microsoft family is automatically activated with restrictions applicable for my son as the email address is his. Thanks in advance...
  10. remove local admin rights from my msn account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove local admin rights from my msn account: My msn account has local admin rights on my laptop and I want to keep the account but remove the local admin rights. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-local-admin-rights-from-my-msn-account/60e263fb-3c17-4173-9367-103281aba9a3