Windows 10: How do I remove Microsoft Scan and Fax features

Discus and support How do I remove Microsoft Scan and Fax features in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recent automatic updates to my system installed the Scan and Fax features... I hate them... I need to scan documents from my HP office jet 8620 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MR1140, Jan 15, 2021.

1. MR1140 Win User

How do I remove Microsoft Scan and Fax features

Recent automatic updates to my system installed the Scan and Fax features... I hate them... I need to scan documents from my HP office jet 8620 and the new features won't let me -- I had to re-install my printer /fax just to be able to print and once installed found that I can print ok, but scanning does not work..

I removed the app but still cannot scan a document from my machine and have it save to a pdf file... even though the app configuration is set up to save the scan to a PDF file... It also doesn't save to the specified location set on the config...

Help...

:)

MR1140, Jan 15, 2021

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

How to remove Scan & Fax in Windows 10

Hello Retha,

To help you better provide us with the information below

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the Printer/scanner?
    • What is the exact message you see in the dialogue box?
    • Which program are you referring to scan your files?

If you are looking to uninstall Scan & Fax in Windows 10, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features.
    • On the left side select Turn Windows Features on or off
    • Scroll down to Print and Document services.
    • Select the plus sign to expand.
    • Remove the check from Windows FAX and Scan.
    • Select OK.
    You can also refer to the below links and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Get back to us if you require more help with respect to Windows.

Darshan J, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I remove Microsoft Scan and Fax features - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft Scan

2. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?: In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes when closing the window of a new fax?The prompt is: Looking for a regedit or setting to skip this. Thanks!...
  3. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?: In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes when closing the window of a new fax?The prompt is: Looking for a regedit or setting to skip this. Thanks!...
  4. In Windows Fax and Scan, how do I remove the prompt to save changes?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Features / Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Features / Windows Fax and Scan: I had previously connected an Old HP Office Jet 6500 Wireless All in one printer to my new Windows 10 computer and successfully used both the Print and Scan options. Today when attempting to Scan, I started to get the message "No Scanners were detected". Reading a ton of...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes: Hello, I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while. She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without...
  7. Microsoft Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Fax and Scan: I've used Fax and Scan for a long time, but now I send out a ton of faxes. Is there a way to tag a name with the numbers in Fax and Scan so I can know what numbers are whose when I'm trying to look things up. It's a pain in the neck with just the numbers, and it would be...
  8. Microsoft Fax and Scan

Microsoft Fax and Scan: I purchased a new computer. I installed a new fax/modem. The fax originally worked but now it stopped working because when the fax starts, it is using a 1 in front of the phone number which is not allowed when dialing locally. The faxes are using the contacts from outlook...
  9. Windows Fax and Scan feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and Scan feature: Running Windows 10 Office 365, same as my PC, but Windows' feature "Fax and Scan" doesn't show up under Accessories on my laptop. Why, and where can I go to add it?...
  10. Microsoft fax and scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft fax and scan: I have scanned the document and that works ok, but when I put in the address of where I want to send it, there is no send button. I have tried everything, but did get to a place where it is asking me my server name and port number??? i have wasted hours on this. Can anyone...