Windows 10: How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one?

Discus and support How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all. I built a new PC and I want to give my laptop to my brother (Who is only 10 years old and loves gaming) as my laptop has a lot of steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jr_Echo, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one?

Hello all. I built a new PC and I want to give my laptop to my brother (Who is only 10 years old and loves gaming) as my laptop has a lot of steam games in it that he wishes to play once he has purchased them (And the free ones too of course). However, I don't want him using my Microsoft account on this laptop and I thought I would make him one so it would be the one he'll use, but I am not sure on how to go about that.

I am not sure if this is what I should do (Hence why I ask for help in this post):

Head to User Accounts in Control Panel, Manage Accounts, Add a new user, after making a new user I would change the account type to Administrator, and then I would remove my account from the laptop using the new user.

If I did what's stated above, will all files, programs, and games (Especially games) remain on the laptop?

Also (This might be a stupid question), would I have to buy another Windows Key for the new user?

Sorry if you think some questions are noob-ish. I am new to this process.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Jr_Echo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jr_Echo, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one? :(

Zakin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one?

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one?

1. How do I remove my account on my Windows 10 laptop and use a new one? - Similar Threads - remove account laptop

2. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  3. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  4. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?: I've found a few articles and videos related to this subject however when I follow them I they only get me so far. When going to Settings>Email & Accounts there is no option next to my current default Microsoft Acccount to Remove. Another option I followed that didn't work...
  5. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?: I've found a few articles and videos related to this subject however when I follow them I they only get me so far. When going to Settings>Email & Accounts there is no option next to my current default Microsoft Acccount to Remove. Another option I followed that didn't work...
  6. How can I remove my old microsoft account and add my new one?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I remove the MS account I signed into my new laptop on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the MS account I signed into my new laptop on?: I received a new laptop today, and when I signed in my MS account on it, it turns out I signed into what I believe is an old account I haven't used in years. It's not attached to my Xbox account, and in turn I can't get the Xbox app to work properly on my laptop.I tried to...
  8. How do I remove the MS account I signed into my new laptop on?

How do I remove the MS account I signed into my new laptop on?: I received a new laptop today, and when I signed in my MS account on it, it turns out I signed into what I believe is an old account I haven't used in years. It's not attached to my Xbox account, and in turn I can't get the Xbox app to work properly on my laptop.I tried to...
  9. How do I remove my accounts and info from windows 10 laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove my accounts and info from windows 10 laptop: Hi, Followed instructions here about how to remove accounts from my windows 10 laptop up until the point they say to click 'remove account', this option does not appear in the settings in my info or family & other users. Need to return a laptop that isn't working but...
  10. How do I remove my account from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my account from my laptop: My laptop was stolen, and now I want to remove my account from the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-my-laptop/f9832438-2a4c-4f25-8449-d00a96255bf0