Windows 10: How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

Discus and support How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I don't have access to this admin account, you can assume that it definitely held me back from a lot of my school assignments, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by immuhseeya, May 18, 2023.

1. How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

Since I don't have access to this admin account, you can assume that it definitely held me back from a lot of my school assignments, as well as downloading other games. I've tried looking for the password thru his things and I can't find the pin I need. I don't have money for another computer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

immuhseeya, May 18, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 18, 2023
  3. Deceased Father and needing computer access

Hello,

My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security
    questions and got a message stating I did not answer enough.

Please help me to get into these computers thanks.

RichardMuggle, May 18, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

Admin account removal

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, to remove an account from the computer, you should have an Administrator account, other than the one you are trying to delete.

Since you do not have the password for the account, if there is another user account on the computer, we can remove the account by signing in to the second account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Log with the second user account on the computer.
    2. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    3. Type control and click on
      OK
    4. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    5. Now, click on User Accounts.
    6. Click on Manage another account and select the user account that you want to remove.
    7. Click on Delete the account and select
      Keep Files (if you want to keep the files of the user account) else select Delete
      to remove the account.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

1. How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer? - Similar Threads - remove deceased father's

2. how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop: how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-deceased-father-and-add-my-self/e1f4d677-a0b0-4b06-918b-ac6fb1515860
  3. how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop: how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-my-deceased-father-and-add-my-self/e1f4d677-a0b0-4b06-918b-ac6fb1515860
  4. how to remove my deceased father and add my self to his laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked: My Father passed away last year and we kept his account open as we needed several emails from his account as he was helping my Sister. However when trying to close his account none of the verification codes gets through to his email account. What to do. Don't want to turn his...
  6. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked: My Father passed away last year and we kept his account open as we needed several emails from his account as he was helping my Sister. However when trying to close his account none of the verification codes gets through to his email account. What to do. Don't want to turn his...
  7. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?: Since I don't have access to this admin account, you can assume that it definitely held me back from a lot of my school assignments, as well as downloading other games. I've tried looking for the password thru his things and I can't find the pin I need. I don't have money for...
  9. How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my deceased father's admin account off my computer?: Since I don't have access to this admin account, you can assume that it definitely held me back from a lot of my school assignments, as well as downloading other games. I've tried looking for the password thru his things and I can't find the pin I need. I don't have money for...
  10. Deceased Father and needing computer access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deceased Father and needing computer access: Hello, My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security questions...