Windows 10: How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?

Discus and support How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys,As the subject suggests, I want to remove my device from the organization's control. I discovered this issue when I was having trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Jan 21, 2022.

1. How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?

Hello guys,As the subject suggests, I want to remove my device from the organization's control. I discovered this issue when I was having trouble receiving Windows Insider builds.The reason I am calling it an issue is because this device was bought for personal use and I am completely confused about how this device is controlled by an "organisation". So I cannot "contact my organization's support person for more info" and I require other solutions to fix it back under my control. This issue also probably appeared just a few days ago because I was able to send optional diagnostic data until now

:)

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Jan 21, 2022

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    My windows10 pc doesn't detect all devices

Hi Shuta,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to remove and reinstall all USB controllers in Device Manager:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key+X and select
      device manager from the list.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jan 21, 2022
  4. How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?

i cant find my device in devices

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Is that a USB 2.0 cable or the 3.0 cable which comes with the gaming device?
    2. Have you plugged in the USB cable to the appropriate port?

However, you may want to try these steps one by one and check if that makes any difference.

Step1: Plug in the USB cable to a different and correct USB port and check the status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    2. Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

1. Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click ‘Uninstall’ to remove them one at a time.
    4. Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then check to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?

1. How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"? - Similar Threads - remove device organization's

2. How to remove Administrative Organization from Requiring Controlling Log-Ins on My Personal...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Administrative Organization from Requiring Controlling Log-Ins on My Personal...: The initial issue began when I put in my pin it wanted me to reset my pin saying my administrative organization or something required it. This has probably been going one for a good year--closer to two. I just haven't been able to find a solution and it only becomes a problem...
  3. How do i remove organization controls over login, when there is no orginisation on my pc,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove organization controls over login, when there is no orginisation on my pc,...: Hi all i had a prompt today to update my login pin for my windows 11 desktop device, as my "organization" requires it to be changed, but there is no organisation linked to my PC anymore, I though about just removing the pin, but I cannot remove it, any help is appreciated....
  4. How do i remove organization controls over login, when there is no orginisation on my pc,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove organization controls over login, when there is no orginisation on my pc,...: Hi all i had a prompt today to update my login pin for my windows 11 desktop device, as my "organization" requires it to be changed, but there is no organisation linked to my PC anymore, I though about just removing the pin, but I cannot remove it, any help is appreciated....
  5. Windows Pro: How do I remove a device from Windows Organization mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro: How do I remove a device from Windows Organization mode?: I work with a company where we handle re-sold hp products and perform repairs, note components, and install a fresh OS onto used PC's for customers to buy. As of recent we have received an influx of products where Windows Pro forces the user to use a Microsoft work or school...
  6. Windows Pro: How do I remove a device from Windows Organization mode?

Windows Pro: How do I remove a device from Windows Organization mode?: I work with a company where we handle re-sold hp products and perform repairs, note components, and install a fresh OS onto used PC's for customers to buy. As of recent we have received an influx of products where Windows Pro forces the user to use a Microsoft work or school...
  7. How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?

How do I remove my device from "my organization's control"?: Hello guys,As the subject suggests, I want to remove my device from the organization's control. I discovered this issue when I was having trouble receiving Windows Insider builds.The reason I am calling it an issue is because this device was bought for personal use and I am...
  8. Remove organization from device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove organization from device: Hello, my pc states that an organization is controlling my computer but I don't have any school or work email signed in. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-organization-from-device/b5032f32-3c1c-47ea-afbe-e8ca3d55a988
  9. How Do I Remove An Organization?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Remove An Organization?: Recently, I recovered a computer from a dead school. The school went bankrupt and no longer exists. Whenever I tried to activate Windows 10 It came up with this error: [ATTACH] Is There any way I can remove this error since the schools servers don't exist anymore? I...
  10. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...