Windows 10: How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BOBSTEVENSON2, Sep 8, 2020.

1. How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

:)

BOBSTEVENSON2, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Sep 8, 2020
  4. How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

Windows 10 only allows login with Microsoft account, my Wife's account is not available on login screen.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

This issue might have occurred if your Wife account was a Local Account and when you have Synchronized your Microsoft Account to play Mine craft game, your Wife local account might have got synchronized to your Microsoft Account and
    hence the user account is your Microsoft Account now. However to be sure if this is the issue, I suggest you to check how many user accounts are listed on the laptop.

1. Login to the system with your ID and password.

2. Now right click on the Start menu
    and select Control panel.

3. Open User Accounts.

4. Now select Manage another account.

5. Check if your Wife user account is listed there.

If your Wife account is not listed there then it means your Microsoft account is synchronized with the local account. In this case you can convert the account in to local Account again. However we suggest you to create another
    Microsoft Account as it is required to download and play games and apps from Windows Store.

Step 1: To convert Microsoft Account into Local Account.

1. Click on the Start Menu and select
    settings.

2. Now select Accounts.

3. Click on the Your e-mail and accounts
    and click on the option Sign in with a Local account instead.

4. follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 2: To create New Microsoft user account.

You can refer to the link below for more information on
    how to create new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

For reference: One email address to sign in everywhere

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

1. How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account? - Similar Threads - remove wife microsoft

2. removing Ex wife off my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing Ex wife off my account: I am attempting to remove my ex-wife off my Family Safety account. I am the owner of the account. She is listed as a Family Organizer. When I tried remove her it tell me toclick on "Remove Consent" for this member under options. When I click on their options it doesn't have...
  3. removing Ex wife off my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing Ex wife off my account: I am attempting to remove my ex-wife off my Family Safety account. I am the owner of the account. She is listed as a Family Organizer. When I tried remove her it tell me toclick on "Remove Consent" for this member under options. When I click on their options it doesn't have...
  4. How do I remove my ex-boyfriends Microsoft account from my PC win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my ex-boyfriends Microsoft account from my PC win 10: How do I remove Microsoft account from my PC he's still signed into email an account all I can do is manage but I can't get in without a password he's able to do remote access because of this please help!!!! When I go to account an emails I only get a manage option I cant...
  5. How do I remove my ex-boyfriends Microsoft account from my PC win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove my ex-boyfriends Microsoft account from my PC win 10: How do I remove Microsoft account from my PC he's still signed into email an account all I can do is manage but I can't get in without a password he's able to do remote access because of this please help!!!! When I go to account an emails I only get a manage option I cant...
  6. How do I remove my ex-boyfriends Microsoft account from my PC win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?: Good day all, My problem is as follows: I am using Windows 10 on my PC and went to try and add a child account to it. Upon attempting to do so I noticed that my ex-girlfriend's and her mum's account were listed under family members in Windows 10. PS: I never added them...
  8. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  9. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6
  10. How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?: I have a new computer and I want to remove my account from my old system, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-microsoft-account-from-from-my/2ec612c6-303e-4bbc-90a6-00062d74022e