Windows 10: How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

Discus and support How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BP1138, May 6, 2020.

1. BP1138 Win User

How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any account attached to my laptop, just want to use my accounts necessary and leave them logged out when not, instead of constantly being re-signed in by windows apps.

:)

BP1138, May 6, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer? :(

Zakin, May 6, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer? - Similar Threads - remove Microsoft account

2. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?: I quit my job this year but my workplace email still appears in my list of accounts.I've read I should be able to highlight the account in question and disable it that way, but it doesn't show that option for me. Instead it just says: "Manage"Which leads me to the Microsoft...
  3. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?: I quit my job this year but my workplace email still appears in my list of accounts.I've read I should be able to highlight the account in question and disable it that way, but it doesn't show that option for me. Instead it just says: "Manage"Which leads me to the Microsoft...
  4. How do I remove a deactivated workplace microsoft account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user

How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user: so guys i just wanna change my windows user microsoft account to something else but with same files no change pls help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-microsoft-account-from-my/26187221-f3fc-4d95-b3f0-217d7adffa60
  6. How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, but my Microsoft Account installed Windows 10 Pro...
  7. How do I remove an account on my computer?

How do I remove an account on my computer?: How do I remove an account on my computer? I also want to rename the account that's left? Let me explain. After re-installing Windows 10, the steps they take you thru. Welcome, etc. Another question was I needed to enter a password, not sure why? Then they, offered to send...
  8. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  9. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6
  10. How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?

How do I remove my Microsoft account from from my old computer?: I have a new computer and I want to remove my account from my old system, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-remove-my-microsoft-account-from-from-my/2ec612c6-303e-4bbc-90a6-00062d74022e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove microsoft account from windows