Windows 10: How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

Discus and support How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OperatorEyes, Oct 19, 2021.

1. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice versa. Is there a way we can remove my account in exchange for theirs? We have tried adding them as an admin but it WON'T let us remove my account no matter what.

:)

OperatorEyes, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 19, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

How to remove my Microsoft account and associated email from my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As from your description I believe that you want to remove your
    Microsoft account from your laptop. Is that correct? If yes, I would like to inform you that to remove your Microsoft email address from your laptop you will have to remove your account from the laptop.

Pleasebe informed that you will have to create an account(Local Account) and
    then only you can delete your current account(Microsoft Account).

Please refer to the Microsoft help article below to adda account.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows

Once you add the new account, please refer to the steps below to
    remove your Microsoft Account.

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type netplwiz and hit enter.

• Click on the account you want to remove and hit
      remove.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

1. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop? - Similar Threads - remove microsoft email

2. How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account: So I was playing minecraft and fell for a scam. If you play minecraft you know it pretty well. The hypixel rank gifting and I don't play hypixel often so I didn't know the scam at all. When I filled in the form I was sent a code and put that in and next thing I know I am...
  3. How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I know if my hacked email was removed from my microsoft account: So I was playing minecraft and fell for a scam. If you play minecraft you know it pretty well. The hypixel rank gifting and I don't play hypixel often so I didn't know the scam at all. When I filled in the form I was sent a code and put that in and next thing I know I am...
  4. How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?: I noticed there was an unauthorized email address linked to my Microsoft account. When I tried to login, my password had been changed and 2FA had been enabled. My phone number is linked to the account, but I need two verification methods to change my password and log back in....
  5. How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?

How do I remove an unauthorized email from my account?: I noticed there was an unauthorized email address linked to my Microsoft account. When I tried to login, my password had been changed and 2FA had been enabled. My phone number is linked to the account, but I need two verification methods to change my password and log back in....
  6. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  7. how do i remove my account from a laptop ?

how do i remove my account from a laptop ?: PLS HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-account-from-a-laptop/a272a2a8-bd32-4b23-b473-1f80a25b0118
  8. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...
  9. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...
  10. How to remove an "email account" from laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove an "email account" from laptop: I am trying to remove an account from my laptop. To specify, this is NOT a user account that is used to log in when switching on and signing in This is one of the accounts when you go in to settings - emails and accounts - and then accounts used by other apps. I used to...