Windows 10: How do I remove my profile picture?

Discus and support How do I remove my profile picture? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey, I removed my profile picture from mt Microsoft account but it still appear on the sign in screen, Edge and more. How do I remove it completely?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nirkopp, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nirkopp Win User

How do I remove my profile picture?

Hey,

I removed my profile picture from mt Microsoft account but it still appear on the sign in screen, Edge and more.

How do I remove it completely?

:)

Nirkopp, Mar 26, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I remove my profile picture? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Chivas34 Win User

remove the profile/user picture

Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner.

How do I remove my profile picture? [​IMG]

sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks..

Chivas34, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove my profile picture? - Similar Threads - remove profile picture

2. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  3. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  4. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the profile picture on Windows 10?: For some reason the profile picture on my computer account changed to me from when I was like 12 years old and the options to browse for an image or take a picture is greyed out so it's stuck like that. Really agitating I've been trying to change it for like an hour at this...
  6. How do I create a Profile Picture in W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I create a Profile Picture in W10: Facial recognition not available in Windows Hello setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-create-a-profile-picture-in-w10/a5136e8e-dd51-4710-9bb9-79dcaa610447"
  7. How do i remove a profile photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove a profile photo?: How do I remove a photo from y profile as admin or is it stuck there for life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-remove-a-profile-photo/ed1d1989-957a-4f5c-a3c5-752e6ebc2867
  8. How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my profile picture in the Mail app?: I need to change the profile picture in the mail app but I can't figure out how. I tried changing it through the computer's account settings but nothing changed. There isn't even an option in the Mail app to change this photo, at least not one that I can find....
  9. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  10. How do I remove this profile ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove this profile ?: How do I remove this old monitor profile ? Windows says I need permission *Confused 106568