Windows 10: How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?

Discus and support How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've recently retired from my company. One of my personal home computers has been used for the past 2 years to access my company domain, sites,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tdehan, May 1, 2019.

1. tdehan Win User

How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?

I've recently retired from my company. One of my personal home computers has been used for the past 2 years to access my company domain, sites, servers etc. Now that I am no longer working I would like to remove the company security requirements and restrictions on this particular computer. Is there a way to do this without flattening the box and re-installing Windows?

Thanks!

:)

tdehan, May 1, 2019

2. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, May 1, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 1, 2019
  4. How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?

Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Update:

In the recovery environment I tried to reset my PC to a system recovery point that was automatically created on 27/04/2018. But I received an error that the recovery was unsuccessful and could not completed.

Do you or anyone else have any further steps I can try to remove the Group Policy restrictions?

OROB_KEIMOES, May 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer?

1. How do I remove my work secutiry policies and restrictions on my personal computer? - Similar Threads - remove secutiry policies

2. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  3. How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn a work computer into a personal computer?: I previously worked at a company and they told me to keep the computer. I didn't try using it for a long time and now I can't log into the computer since they removed my access to the account.When I log into the computer it now says "welcome to work" and tries to have me log...
  4. How do i remove my school access from my personal computer when they are restricting me...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove my school access from my personal computer when they are restricting me...: I tried connecting my school account to my personal computer and now my school is restricting things in my computer and I can not even remove my account from the computer because that is apparently also controlled by them please if you know how to fix this help me....
  5. How do i remove my school access from my personal computer when they are restricting me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove my school access from my personal computer when they are restricting me...: I tried connecting my school account to my personal computer and now my school is restricting things in my computer and I can not even remove my account from the computer because that is apparently also controlled by them please if you know how to fix this help me....
  6. How do i remove my school access from my personal computer when they are restricting me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer?: How do I remove this corporate email account from my personal computer? It is currently running windows 10 and I no longer have access to the corporate email account. The admin account is ok and I have access to it. [ATTACH] ty!...
  8. how do i remove my parental restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i remove my parental restrictions: How do i remove my parental restrictions. My dad set up my account back when i was in middle school, and I am now in my twenties and still have sites blocked its asking me to have ask for permision to view the site...
  9. How do I remove the organization restrictions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the organization restrictions: [ATTACH] I connect an ethernet cable to my computer as my room is too far away to connect to the internet wirelessly. The problem is that recently my computer will someone send me back to my lock screen if I am idle, it would usually be a problem. however, it literally...
  10. How do I get of this work account on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get of this work account on my personal computer: Since I no longer need this account, how do I delete it from my computer[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-of-this-work-account-on-my-personal/3af9eadb-2d06-4372-9c73-a993aa7cf858