Windows 10: how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

Discus and support how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by drmayeda, Jun 23, 2022.

1. drmayeda Win User

how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings

:)

drmayeda, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 23, 2022
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Jun 23, 2022
  4. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

1. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer - Similar Threads - remove onedrive files

2. How do i remove this OneDrive pathway from my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove this OneDrive pathway from my file explorer?: I have a onedrive pathway from college that i no longer go to in my file explorer. I have no idea how to remove this path.I have tried to remove all the files from the pathway, uninstalling OneDrive, unlinking my pc from OneDrive ?, removing the account linked to the school...
  3. How do i remove this OneDrive pathway from my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove this OneDrive pathway from my file explorer?: I have a onedrive pathway from college that i no longer go to in my file explorer. I have no idea how to remove this path.I have tried to remove all the files from the pathway, uninstalling OneDrive, unlinking my pc from OneDrive ?, removing the account linked to the school...
  4. How do i remove this OneDrive pathway from my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer: I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings...
  6. How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?

How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?: Hi, so I'm looking for a way to permanently remove the OneDrive folder from my file explorer. So far I have unlinked OneDrive from my PC, uninstalled it, and used edit group policy to prevent storage usage of the folder. Nothing thus far has worked, some downloads still...
  7. How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?: Hi, so I'm looking for a way to permanently remove the OneDrive folder from my file explorer. So far I have unlinked OneDrive from my PC, uninstalled it, and used edit group policy to prevent storage usage of the folder. Nothing thus far has worked, some downloads still...
  8. How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?

9. How do I remove the \OneDrive\ from the file explorer?

How do I remove the \OneDrive\ from the file explorer?: I tried to uninstall it and changing System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree to 0 following some tutorials but it did not work. Any help? I cannot work with java paths this way....
  10. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...