Windows 10: how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

Discus and support how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i have a desktop with windows 10 and was able to bypass(or auto log in?) password easily but i dont remember how i did it. same with my win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kittenale, Oct 10, 2020.

1. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

so i have a desktop with windows 10 and was able to bypass(or auto log in?) password easily but i dont remember how i did it. same with my win10 laptop. now in this other laptop i recently installed windows and cannot figure out how to bypass password. in settings i dont have the "users must enter username and password" check box. and im currently the admin

submitted by /u/kittenale
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kittenale, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

remove password

I suggest you start again

click start, type netplwiz and press enter

tick the box to require users to enter the password and click apply

(whilst there check in the list of users, if it shows an email address it is a microsoft account, if it shows a username it will be a local account)

check that you can log in to each account without issue.

on the account that you wish to use as the default (auto login) make sure you know the correct password then remove any windows hello (PIN, etc)

check that you are still able to log in without issue.

then set up the default login again following the guide posted earlier.

data limits will not affect the requirement to enter a password.

Martmcd, Oct 10, 2020
  3. demonguy Win User
    How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, Oct 10, 2020
  4. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

1. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login? - Similar Threads - remove password log

2. Remove my lockscreen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove my lockscreen password: I have to enter my password whenever I open my laptop. I tried that setting in sign in option of never and that netplwiz to uncheck the box. Even though after doing this, password is asking. How to resolve this?...
  3. How do I remove the password to login to my computers

How do I remove the password to login to my computers: How do I remove a password to login into my computer ??????? My old computer that I still use never had one. I chose that. Win 8.1. My new computer requires one. Once I set up the new one they both require one. The new computer a pin# and the old one a password. How dang...
  4. How do I remove password to login to my computer

How do I remove password to login to my computer: How do I remove a password to login into my computer ??????? My old computer that I still use never had one. I chose that. Win 8.1. My new computer requires one. Once I set up the new one they both require one. The new computer a pin# and the old one a password. How dang...
  5. Remove Windows Lockscreen Password Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Windows Lockscreen Password Login: hello, I just want to ask on how can I remove the lock screen sign in when my pc wakes from sleep. I had no choice but to make one because windows requires me to create the time I reinstalled windows, but now I cannot remove it. This one probably came from the update to...
  6. Password log in not needed how do i remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password log in not needed how do i remove: I want to remove all forms of log in passwords/pins from my home PC. Its my home PC and such security is overkill to say the least. I have changed the "require password on log in" box to never, and I have unticked the relevant box in netplwiz. What else should I be doing?...
  7. Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.: Did this ever get fixed or a way to disable it? Just upgraded my parents laptop from Win7 to Win10, they both have an account with no password. But if it's restarted or shut down, it auto logs in the last user. I saw lots of post about it but they were all from like 2016....
  8. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice that after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  9. How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Auto Log Onto Win10 Without Entering Password?: I have recently notice tat after I changed the name of my PC, my computer no longer automatically logs into Windows after a reboot. It gets hung up on the login screen and now I notice TWO profiles at the lower left hand corner. I don’t need the profile which is highlighted...
  10. How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I Remove Log-In Password From Win10: I initially set up my Win10 Pro without a password being needed to get into my account, but every now and then, when I boot up I'm asked for a password. I believe it happens after a MS auto update, but cannot be 100% sure. I go to Netplwiz and uncheck Users must enter a...