Windows 10: How do I remove password to login to my computer

Discus and support How do I remove password to login to my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I remove a password to login into my computer ??????? My old computer that I still use never had one. I chose that. Win 8.1. My new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngelaWyatt1, Apr 14, 2020.

1. How do I remove password to login to my computer

How do I remove a password to login into my computer ???????

My old computer that I still use never had one. I chose that. Win 8.1.

My new computer requires one. Once I set up the new one they both require one. The new computer a pin# and the old one a password. How dang silly is this!!!!

It says I need to wait 30 days for security reasons. I don't want to wait 30 days! These are both my computers

Angry in Munster, Indiana

:)

AngelaWyatt1, Apr 14, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 14, 2020
  4. How do I remove password to login to my computer

How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove password to login to my computer

1. How do I remove password to login to my computer - Similar Threads - remove password login

2. how to remove password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  3. how to remove password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove password login: i want remove my windows 10 hello login screen password but its not works when i remove it then its asking Microsoft user account password after next start but i dont want both i am tried all method using netplwiz and others too how can its will be fix any help...
  4. how to remove password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How do I update my computer login password so that so that my computer login and email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update my computer login password so that so that my computer login and email...: I changed my Microsoft office email password, but my windows 10 computer sign-in is still the old password- how do I update the computer login password so that they are both the same for both the Microsoft office email account and windows 10 computer login? I keep getting...
  6. How do I update my computer login password so that so that my computer login and email...

How do I update my computer login password so that so that my computer login and email...: I changed my Microsoft office email password, but my windows 10 computer sign-in is still the old password- how do I update the computer login password so that they are both the same for both the Microsoft office email account and windows 10 computer login? I keep getting...
  7. How do I update my computer login password so that so that my computer login and email...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11

How do I change the password to login to my computer Windows 11: I would like to change my login password, just for increased security. I don't know where to start. I am not looking to change my email passwords....
  9. How do I remove the password to login to my computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the password to login to my computers: How do I remove a password to login into my computer ??????? My old computer that I still use never had one. I chose that. Win 8.1. My new computer requires one. Once I set up the new one they both require one. The new computer a pin# and the old one a password. How dang...
  10. how do I remove my password to get access to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I remove my password to get access to my computer: how do I remove my password to get access to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-password-to-get-access-to-my/a6bceab8-9204-4f75-937f-60bc06f4c3af"