Windows 10: How do I remove pending updates?

Discus and support How do I remove pending updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried all methods here and here but it still shows that the updates will be installed in windows update and the restart and shut down options both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jasonspoons, Jun 19, 2019.

1. How do I remove pending updates?

I tried all methods here and here but it still shows that the updates will be installed in windows update and the restart and shut down options both say update. how do I cancel these updates?

:)

jasonspoons, Jun 19, 2019
  2. e9leyland Win User

Update Pending Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.1 (19H1_RELEASE)

Yes, that turns off flighting whatever that means. *Smile How do I remove the update that is pending restart? I used the windows 10 update troubleshooter and it seems to have done something. I reboot the machine, and there is still the update pending restart. I run the update troubleshooter again and it finds nothing to fix. I looked at installed updates under add/remove programs, view installed updated radio button and could not find it. I will feel much better getting rid of the pending restart and the slow ring preview build altogether. Any suggestions?

e9leyland, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

How do I remove pending updates?

Windows 10: Remove this update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that your manually remove or delete you want to stop from installing.

Please follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Check for Updates. Click on it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click View you update history, then Uninstall updates
    • Form the list, choose the update you want to uninstall.

Tell us how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove pending updates?

1. How do I remove pending updates? - Similar Threads - remove pending updates

2. How do I remove 'Lync' and 'Update'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove 'Lync' and 'Update': On task manager, there is Lync and Update. How do I remove them from my laptop. I got these two things from installing office 365 or something? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-lync-and-update/9232bcae-a725-4b79-8074-e18984fc7c58
  3. How do I remove 'Lync' and 'Update'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove 'Lync' and 'Update': On task manager, there is Lync and Update. How do I remove them from my laptop. I got these two things from installing office 365 or something? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-lync-and-update/9232bcae-a725-4b79-8074-e18984fc7c58
  4. How do I remove 'Lync' and 'Update'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. remove pending non-windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove pending non-windows update: Windows has a 'pending' again hp printer driver update that is years older than the currently used and working driver. How do I get rid of it without having to run the install and then do a re-install of current software that works the older version "update" windows wants to...
  6. Updates pending

Updates pending: How do I start an update if one is available for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending/65380a30-2cb6-433f-95b8-487a342e9c53
  7. How to cancel a pending update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to cancel a pending update: I did a search on this subject and couldn't find anything relative to my problem. Today my W10 2004 laptop had and update and I was asked to install it. I looked at all of the 2004 KB numbers, nothing looked familiar. The message that it displayed when trying to install it...
  8. how do i remove a failed update

how do i remove a failed update: Failed to install on ‎17/‎11/‎2019 - 0x8024201 how do I remove this failed update from the list please. Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-failed-update/2c5ba878-7090-4197-a0cf-5217d97eed3d
  9. How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?

How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?: Have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, 12gb memory, 2t hard drive. I have four Windows Updates in the Pending Install status and a couple of them have been waiting for a couple of months. How do I get them to install? There is no Install button that I can...
  10. How do I know which updates are pending

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I know which updates are pending: Win 10 Pro 1703 The other day I paused updates to prevent new big one coming through. Yesterday I unpause it to get a Defender/Antivirus update, it worked and let it download and install. I then paused updates again. However I cannot find a way to see which updates are...