Windows 10: How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?

Discus and support How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello guys, I must create a Windows client image, where PowerShell and other programs are inaccessible for normal Users. How can i remove the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidBil, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DavidBil Win User

How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?

Hello guys,

I must create a Windows client image, where PowerShell and other programs are inaccessible for normal Users. How can i remove the PowerShell entry in the Start Menu search?

Thanks for your help!

How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search? 278210c8-2400-4778-afed-529c72a6e608?upload=true.png

:)

DavidBil, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 6, 2018
  3. DavidBil Win User

Hello guys,

I must create a Windows client image, where PowerShell and other programs are inaccessible for normal Users. How can i remove the PowerShell entry in the Start Menu search?

Thanks for your help!

How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search? 278210c8-2400-4778-afed-529c72a6e608?upload=true.png

DavidBil, Nov 6, 2018
  4. How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i remove Powershell and other Programs from the Start Menu search? - Similar Threads - remove Powershell Programs

2. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?: Is it possible to permanently remove this pop-up and all other pop-ups like this from the start menu search. Clicking the x only causes it to reappear again every so often. Is there any registry edit or 3rd party app or something that permanently disables this? I'm on Windows...
  3. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?: Is it possible to permanently remove this pop-up and all other pop-ups like this from the start menu search. Clicking the x only causes it to reappear again every so often. Is there any registry edit or 3rd party app or something that permanently disables this? I'm on Windows...
  4. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  6. Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs

Windows Search Not Opening Removed Start Menu Programs: Hi all, I have removed all unnecessary apps, etc from the Start Menu list - however there are Folders, for example, "Ease of Access" --- where once removed from the Start Menu folder list %appdata/programdata% --- the applications within the folder no longer work when calling...
  7. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hello, I would like to remove web search results from Start Menu search as it clutters results window and it takes significant amount of time to read through menu to see whether it is displaying what I need. In some other cases I press ENTER without checking and it forcibly...
  8. Removing unused programs from start menu

Removing unused programs from start menu: I have several programs listed on my start menu that have been uninstalled, but they're still listed on the start menu. Right clicking them gives several options, but there is no option to delete. How can I do this? Thanks. 104776
  9. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...
  10. How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove A Program From The Startup Menu: Hello Everybody, Today I have a very simple little issue that I just know somebody will be able to solve in a snap. A couple of weeks ago I did something very stupid, I downloaded and installed some software from the internet without really paying attention to what I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide powershell in start menu search