Windows 10: How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something.

Discus and support How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child downloads a lot of games and he always asks me to put in my password as I am administrator and he is a child account. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by OnlyBigD, Dec 23, 2018.

1. OnlyBigD Win User

How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something.

My child downloads a lot of games and he always asks me to put in my password as I am administrator and he is a child account. Is there any way to remove the feature that I have to put in my password every time my child downloads something?

:)

OnlyBigD, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Change password for another user (child)

I followed the directions that you gave Jennifer, however in step 7 "change the password" the option to change the password never came up. How do I change the password for a child? If I can't change the password, I would remove the child and start again,
    but the option to remove the child is not offered.

Robert

RobertSpak, Dec 23, 2018
  4. How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something.

Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something.

1. How do I remove putting in my password every time my child is downloading something. - Similar Threads - remove putting password

2. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!: I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-put-a-password-every-time-i-sign/eb9ae915-a67c-43ed-adc4-b584835bc42b
  3. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!: I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-to-put-a-password-every-time-i-sign/eb9ae915-a67c-43ed-adc4-b584835bc42b
  4. I do not want to put a PASSWORD every time I sign in !!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Every Time I Type Something It Randomly Puts A 9

in Cortana
    Every Time I Type Something It Randomly Puts A 9: 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999This Is So Ba9d That9 Im Not Even9 Gon9n9a Delete the 9s Every time i type something9 it ra9n9domly puts a 9.9 how do i f9ix9 this?99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...
  6. Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!: My laptop has 2 hard disk partitions, C: and D: and is running Windows 10 build 19042.630. Recently I've been experiencing a very weird issue. Any time I download anything on D:, it vanishes. It disappears from My Computer however it shows up again once I restart my PC and...
  7. Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard disk vanishes every time I download something?!: My laptop has 2 hard disk partitions, C: and D: and is running Windows 10 build 19042.630. Recently I've been experiencing a very weird issue. Any time I download anything on D:, it vanishes. It disappears from My Computer however it shows up again once I restart my PC and...
  8. How do i remove my pins and passwords.

How do i remove my pins and passwords.: I just reinstalled my windows and i tried almost everything to remove the log-in password at the start and the pin. It doesn't let me. It always needs my password at the start. How can i remove it? I don't need it. No one will acces my PC besides me. How the frick do i remove...
  9. How do I put a password on a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I put a password on a folder?: How do I put a password on a folder in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-put-a-password-on-a-folder/1a677087-8aed-42a9-a57e-6197d4c0a122
  10. My Pc is Stuck in safe mode and every time I put a password in, it says it wrong and I...

My Pc is Stuck in safe mode and every time I put a password in, it says it wrong and I...: [IMG] I need help with getting out of safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-stuck-in-safe-mode-and-every-time-i-put-a/286569af-21ff-4559-9379-989665dc06dd