Windows 10: How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches?

Discus and support How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello When I am searching my Contacts, how do I remove the Recipient Cache? ....FOREVER! I do NOT want to see my Recipient Cache. Not EVER. But I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ship69, Aug 8, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches?

Hello

When I am searching my Contacts, how do I remove the Recipient Cache? ....FOREVER!

I do NOT want to see my Recipient Cache. Not EVER.

But I DO want AutoComplete to work when I am typing in my email addresses for emails.

Please help! Because I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING.

J

PS I am using:
    - Windows 10 x64 "Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388) - all the latest patches
    - Ms Office 365 "Version 2006 (Build 13.001.20384 Click-to-Run)

EDIT:
    I have just runs some updates and I am now using:
    - Windows 10 x64 "Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.423) - all the latest patches
    - Ms Office 365 "Version 2007 (Build 13.029.20308 Click-to-Run)"

:)

ship69, Aug 8, 2020
  2. WtnW Win User

How do I delete all previous recipient suggestions when sending email.

When I compose an email and start typing in the TO line, a huge list of previous recipients shows up.

They're not emails in my contact list.

How do I delete this list of suggestions?

WtnW, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Toddwmac Win User
    How do I flush the contact resolver cache?

The Mail client resolves email addresses using the wrong contact name. I put in the email address and the friendly name is wrong. I've removed all related contacts from my People database and am pretty confident that is the CACHE (It auto completes to
    the wrong name as well)

How do I flush the contact resolver cache?

***Moved thread from Skype to Windows.

Toddwmac, Aug 8, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches? - Similar Threads - remove Recipient Cache

2. How do I contact someone from MSN to get an outdated article removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I contact someone from MSN to get an outdated article removed?: I am trying to get an article removed from MSN that has misinformation and was deleted by the original publisher. It is an article that is harmful to me professionally. I have tried using the feedback feature for weeks and it has yet to be deleted nor have I received a...
  3. How do I contact someone from MSN to get an outdated article removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I contact someone from MSN to get an outdated article removed?: I am trying to get an article removed from MSN that has misinformation and was deleted by the original publisher. It is an article that is harmful to me professionally. I have tried using the feedback feature for weeks and it has yet to be deleted nor have I received a...
  4. How do I remove trending searches?

in Cortana
    How do I remove trending searches?: Hi,I noticed this in my search bar and would very much like to remove it. Being always 'turned in' to the news is really bad for my mental health and I really hope there's a way to remove it.Thanks...
  5. How do I remove trending searches?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove trending searches?: Hi,I noticed this in my search bar and would very much like to remove it. Being always 'turned in' to the news is really bad for my mental health and I really hope there's a way to remove it.Thanks...
  6. How do I remove trending searches?

7. How can I remove the Recipient Cache located in a specific .PST file?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I remove the Recipient Cache located in a specific .PST file?: Hello How can I remove the Recipient Cache that is located in a specific .PST file? Thanks J 164210
  8. Export contacts/people from local cache

Export contacts/people from local cache: Hi everyone, I have a People account on my desktop for which I don't have the official (online) account anymore (deleted). However, for some reason, I lost all my contacts, but these are still available in the People App (which can no longer sync with the original...
  9. How do you remove a Share contact?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you remove a Share contact?: In Windows Explorer, I right clicked on a file, then clicked on Share in order to try out the new Nearby Share feature (which is pretty cool). This is the first time I used the Share feature in Windows Explorer, and I saw some contact icons at the top of the share window used...
  10. How to remove contacts from Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove contacts from Mail app?: I've synced my contacts with mail, but is only shows a small section of them in contacts. How do I remove unwanted contacts from Mail app? 4390