Windows 10: How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?

Discus and support How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search? in Cortana to solve the problem; Since the Snipping Tool no long works and you can only use Snip & Sketch now, why then is it still in Search as an App? If I type in Snip it comes up... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ruth2340, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?

Since the Snipping Tool no long works and you can only use Snip & Sketch now, why then is it still in Search as an App? If I type in Snip it comes up first, yet it no longer works, so I would assume, Microsoft would have removed it altogether from the systems if it no longer works. And it is no longer listed as an App, but comes up in Search as an App.

:)

Ruth2340, Apr 1, 2022

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Apr 1, 2022
  3. snipping tool

In Win10 type Snip into the search box in your primary monitor toolbar. Snipping Tool will show up at the top of the list.

Steve Paltridge, Apr 1, 2022
  4. 4dogsnme Win User

missing search field and snipping tool

Yesterday I turned on my laptop and in my lower taskbar my snipping tool and the shortcut for Microsot Edge was missing. I clicked on the windows icon in the lower left corner and found edge but no snipping tool. I can't search for it because the search field is also missing. It is no longer listed in apps either. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

4dogsnme, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search? - Similar Threads - remove Snipping Tool

2. How to remove / uninstall snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove / uninstall snipping tool: I am having just ALL kinds of issues with Windows 11 since I upgraded to it. long sob story about Onedrive and deleted folders .I installed a modified version with Onedrive removed. I ended up Installing the newest version without any removals and this time did NOT sign up...
  3. How to remove / uninstall snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove / uninstall snipping tool: I am having just ALL kinds of issues with Windows 11 since I upgraded to it. long sob story about Onedrive and deleted folders .I installed a modified version with Onedrive removed. I ended up Installing the newest version without any removals and this time did NOT sign up...
  4. Two snipping tools showed up when I typed snipping tool in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two snipping tools showed up when I typed snipping tool in search bar.: Hi guys,I typed snipping tool in search bar and two options showed up. It happened only once. I clicked one below. I just want to learn why did it happen?...
  5. Two snipping tools showed up when I typed snipping tool in search bar.

Two snipping tools showed up when I typed snipping tool in search bar.: Hi guys,I typed snipping tool in search bar and two options showed up. It happened only once. I clicked one below. I just want to learn why did it happen?...
  6. How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?: Although a little bit small, im getting annoyed since it ruins the picture. It wasnt there before. I think the edge of the box of the ui for snipping choices gets captured when I do a fullscreen snip. Please help me fix this...
  7. How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?

How do I fix the snipping tool to remove this?: Although a little bit small, im getting annoyed since it ruins the picture. It wasnt there before. I think the edge of the box of the ui for snipping choices gets captured when I do a fullscreen snip. Please help me fix this...
  8. How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?: Since the Snipping Tool no long works and you can only use Snip & Sketch now, why then is it still in Search as an App? If I type in Snip it comes up first, yet it no longer works, so I would assume, Microsoft would have removed it altogether from the systems if it no longer...
  9. How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?

How do I remove Snipping Tool from coming up in search?: Since the Snipping Tool no long works and you can only use Snip & Sketch now, why then is it still in Search as an App? If I type in Snip it comes up first, yet it no longer works, so I would assume, Microsoft would have removed it altogether from the systems if it no longer...
  10. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the Snipping Tool: So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results? Yes I know there are more...