Windows 10: how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

Discus and support how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dancing Bear in NC, Feb 1, 2023.

1. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature updates" . As far as I recall never joined windows insider program

:)

Dancing Bear in NC, Feb 1, 2023

2. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

I'm trying to enable app notifications, but the slider is grayed out, with a message at the top of the settings pane saying "Some settings are managed by your organization."

• I am not a member of any domain or network
    • The issue has persisted between an antivirus replacement and each of those antivirus programs being disabled
    • I've already tried setting telemetry to "enhanced" and to "full," as many people have suggested, but to no effect.
    • I also do not have the Group Policy Editor, as I am on Home edition, so I am unable to perform any of the fixes through that method.

What do I do?

HyperText404, Feb 1, 2023
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment ....

This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was causing my Win10 Start List not to show any Text to the right of the programs in the lists and the solution to correct that issue from another Post here...suggested
    creating a new User account.... The instructions were detailed, I followed each step...the new User Account was created and it resolved the issue....

Following the creation of the New user acct, every time Window Updates are offered....the Alert in red "Some Settings are managed by Your organization" displays (see Attachment). The old User account never displayed this Alert.

Clicking on "View Configured Update Policies....it seems this alert is being caused by Mobile Device Management????

I have no idea what that means, or, how any settings would have been set to have some of my settings managed by your organization.

My PC is one of 3 PC's in my Home....it has never been connected to any organization...ie work, etc. During the creation of the New user account at no time was there anything that addressed Organization, Mobile devices during the creation of the New
    user Acct.

How do I remove this Alert?

how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization" 69a42b90-24e4-4b75-9083-9df4c1a3f767?upload=true.png

how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization" 875fafac-6adf-430e-b5a3-aa70a44121e9?upload=true.png

denmarfl, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Yancyd66 Win User

how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

*Some settings are managed by your organization

Did that and it doesn't work.

Open Start Menu and type gpedit.msc.

• Right click on gpedit.msc and Run as Administrator.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    • Find Allow Telemetry and double click on it.
    • Change its setting to Enabled and change the drop down menu entry to 3-Full.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Again open the file and change setting like before. That means change Enabled to Not Configured.
    • Still see: *Some settings are managed by your organization.

Then tried regedit suggestion from other community person that didn't work:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PushNotifications.

Now you will see NoToastApplicationNotification. Double click on it.

Now change its value 1 to 0. 1 is default value. You will make it 0.

Click on OK.

Now, Sign out your Microsoft Account. Sign in again.

Issue with this suggestion is that there is no "PushNotifications" listed.

Yancyd66, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

1. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization" - Similar Threads - remove settings are

2. How to remove "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" in...: I have a Dell Latitude 3350 which belongs to the schools and I have a problem. It is connected by a domain and when I try to change the settings in Windows Settings, I get the message "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization, Some settings are...
  3. How to remove "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" in...: I have a Dell Latitude 3350 which belongs to the schools and I have a problem. It is connected by a domain and when I try to change the settings in Windows Settings, I get the message "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization, Some settings are...
  4. How to remove "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization": win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature updates" . As far as I recall never joined windows insider program...
  6. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization": win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature updates" . As far as I recall never joined windows insider program...
  7. Some settings are managed by organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some settings are managed by organization: Hello, I'd like to ask an issue happening on my laptop. I got my laptop from an organization in which I am no longer be part of the organization right now. However, I found one of some windows features that cannot be set by myself. For example, this virus protection. Please...
  8. Some settings are managed by organization

Some settings are managed by organization: Hello, I'd like to ask an issue happening on my laptop. I got my laptop from an organization in which I am no longer be part of the organization right now. However, I found one of some windows features that cannot be set by myself. For example, this virus protection. Please...
  9. how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?: how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-some-settings-are-managed-by-your/f330cc05-4961-4227-a7bb-abed8887a7f0
  10. How can I remove "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

How can I remove "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?: I somehow managed to paused the automatic download /installation of Windows 10 Creators Edition when it became available, as it was slowing my system at a time when I needed speed. Am now running Windows 10 1903. How can I recover ownership of my own (private) network?...