Windows 10: How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

Discus and support How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CVI_106, Mar 30, 2023.

1. CVI_106 Win User

How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to remove him and leave the group myself, so we can both join my husband's group. I cannot remove my son. I get this message: "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for xxx can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted xxx consent to remove xxx from the family group."Well, that would be me. So how do I remove him. I cannot remove myself from the family

:)

CVI_106, Mar 30, 2023
  2. JC03 Win User

Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Hi, Steve.

I'm Jen, I'm also an Outlook user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

I understand you're unable to remove an account from your Microsoft family group. Based on the error you encountered, it looks like the consent to the account was given by a different adult/organizer. To remove the account, you must remove the consent first using the organizer account that granted it. For the steps, I shared the support page below. Please refer to the "Remove a family member from group" section and check step 4.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards.

3. Can't remove family members from family group

Hey all,

I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted [Member] consent to remove [Member] from the family group."

I am the person who added this member to the group. I even checked on their profile, and it says I'm the organizer. Why can't I edit/remove this account?

~D

Dracolytch, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

1. How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on... - Similar Threads - remove someone family

2. Can't remove family members from family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  3. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove family members from family group: Hey all,I'm the organizer for my family group. I'm trying to remove one of the members of the family group, and it tells me "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [Member] can remove this...
  4. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?: I am the administrator of my Microsoft Family Safety group and I can't remove my child from the group. We don't want family safety restrictions and I can't undo the Family Safety account. When i try to remove my child it says I am not the administrator or the adult, even...
  6. Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?

Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?: I am the administrator of my Microsoft Family Safety group and I can't remove my child from the group. We don't want family safety restrictions and I can't undo the Family Safety account. When i try to remove my child it says I am not the administrator or the adult, even...
  7. How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...: I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to remove him and leave the group myself, so we can both join my husband's group. I cannot remove my son. I get this message: "Family...
  8. How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...

How do I remove someone from a family group who can't be removed? Instructions given on...: I have a family group. I am the one and only organiser. The only other member is my son, who has never connected his devices to it. I'm trying to remove him and leave the group myself, so we can both join my husband's group. I cannot remove my son. I get this message: "Family...
  9. Can't remove family members from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Can't remove family members from family group