Windows 10: How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps...

Discus and support How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rustytrumbone666 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rustytrumbone666, Aug 4, 2020.

1. How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps...

/u/rustytrumbone666, Aug 4, 2020
  2. t_ski Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

My wife picked up a virus the other day and I was able to remove all of it except for this:

How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps... start.jpg

The virus planted a startup file somewhere and I cannot figure out where it is located. And since the name is not standard characters, I can't do a search for it. I already tried picking some characters out of the windows character map, but could not find this reference. Any suggestions?

This is on Windows XP Home SP2.

UPDATE: Case closed. I was able to find the file calls with Autoruns. Thanks *Toast :toast:

t_ski, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Diwedd Win User
    How to I remove labels of two apps I uninstalled?

I think this has been resolved now. First, they were still there after I restarted my PC. When I clicked SHIFT + Win key, as you suggested, I saw them listed still. I then right-clicked and selected 'uninstall' and the label disappeared.

For info, they were originally uninstalled using a Powershell command.

This is what it looks like now -

How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps... [​IMG]

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Diwedd, Aug 4, 2020
  4. How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps...

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps...

1. How do I remove that top extension I downloaded a virus and tried to uninstall all the apps... - Similar Threads - remove top extension

2. How do i uninstall a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i uninstall a virus?: I was trying to download a Minecraft skin and i believe i accidentally installed a virus. When i try to search anything on google it redirects to a sketchy link but my antivirus stops it. There are files on my computer i don't recognize but even with admin permission i can...
  3. How do i uninstall a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i uninstall a virus?: I was trying to download a Minecraft skin and i believe i accidentally installed a virus. When i try to search anything on google it redirects to a sketchy link but my antivirus stops it. There are files on my computer i don't recognize but even with admin permission i can...
  4. How do I remove a virus ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a virus ?: On Thursday I was looking for a introduction manual and all of a sudden I started get a message that disabled everything on my laptop and told me to call 202-933-5646. I did not call I knew what it was . I can't escape,. I can't exit .can someone PLEASE tell how to get this...
  5. How do I remove a virus ?

How do I remove a virus ?: On Thursday I was looking for a introduction manual and all of a sudden I started get a message that disabled everything on my laptop and told me to call 202-933-5646. I did not call I knew what it was . I can't escape,. I can't exit .can someone PLEASE tell how to get this...
  6. How do i remove virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove virus?: [Pavilion Dv6]seems like nothing works. I messed up. I am pretty sure i got a virus on my laptop.beginning i woild open laptop but it would freeze on windows and those spinning balls, black bgi would open laptop before and get chance to go into bios and also like a blue menu,...
  7. How do i remove virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove virus?: [Pavilion Dv6]seems like nothing works. I messed up. I am pretty sure i got a virus on my laptop.beginning i woild open laptop but it would freeze on windows and those spinning balls, black bgi would open laptop before and get chance to go into bios and also like a blue menu,...
  8. How do i remove virus?

9. How Do I Remove All Apps List?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do I Remove All Apps List?: So, As you can see in the video... I want to clean up the start menu but this \"thing\" is quite annoying me... I am so close to giving up on getting rid of it... I have tried to look on YouTube for something that works but nadda. So now I am asking Reddit... Open to...
  10. How do I remove a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a virus?: I turned my machine on recently and mad a cup of coffee. WhenI returned there was a virus installed on my computer called "Teams". I never asked, authorised or downloaded this software. My permisiion was never sought at any stage. How do I remove it and report it to virus...