Windows 10: How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

Discus and support How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xoChristinaLove, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to keep and that was 3 years ago. I started using the laptop again more frequently this year and restored it because it was just running too slow. Now the Microsoft Apps require me to purchase and doesn’t work, the laptop is still super slow, and it can’t update to windows 11 when I’ve checked the minimum requirements and am quite positive I should be able too. Please help ! This has been super frustrating for me. I don’t have money to invest in a

:)

xoChristinaLove, Nov 24, 2022

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Removing/changing Administrator

Hi Mike,

We are sorry to hear about the loss.

Before assisting we would like to know:

The account you are speaking about is it a Microsoft Administrator Account or a Local Administrator Account?

• If it is a Microsoft Administrator Account then Password cannot be removed.

• In order to remove the Password Protection for a Local Administrator Account you would need to Enable the Build In Administrator Account. This will help you in removing the Password.

• To Enable the Build In Administrator Account Please follow the below steps:

• Press Windows Logo + X

• Click on Command Prompt (Administrator).

• Type: net user administrator /active: yes

• Hit Enter

• Now you will be able to remove the Password, to remove the Password please follow the below link:Redirecting

As per the Description you have mentioned as you see an error as "change settings are currently unavailable." We would request you to help us with the Screenshot of this error.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link to send a Screen shot in Microsoft Community:

Redirecting

The above steps should be helpful to you, if the issue still persist, then to write back to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Nov 24, 2022
  4. deving Win User

How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

1. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop... - Similar Threads - remove administrator change

2. Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator: I have included a new user on a new laptop as part of my Microsoft 365 licence. However, I am now reflected as the administrator and he is reflected as a child user. How do I remove myself completely and reflect him as a full and only user on this laptop?...
  3. Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator: I have included a new user on a new laptop as part of my Microsoft 365 licence. However, I am now reflected as the administrator and he is reflected as a child user. How do I remove myself completely and reflect him as a full and only user on this laptop?...
  4. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?: We brought this laptop when I entered high school but now I've left and cant remove the administrator in my settings, I'm not sure what to do and id really appreciate some help....
  5. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?: We brought this laptop when I entered high school but now I've left and cant remove the administrator in my settings, I'm not sure what to do and id really appreciate some help....
  6. How do I remove a school administrator from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...: My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to keep and that was 3 years ago. I started using the laptop again more frequently this year and restored it because it was...
  8. How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...

How do I remove the administrator ? Or change it to myself ? It was a school issued laptop...: My Laptop still has information for the administrator that’s not me. I was issued a laptop from the college I attended but upon graduation it’s mine to keep and that was 3 years ago. I started using the laptop again more frequently this year and restored it because it was...
  9. How do I make myself an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make myself an administrator: Hi Microsoft community I am interested in knowing how I put myself on administrator as My school put me on standard accountAny answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-an-administrator/cc95897d-c306-436a-a15d-4750881f8199
  10. How do I make myself an administrator

How do I make myself an administrator: Hi Microsoft community I am interested in knowing how I put myself on administrator as My school put me on standard accountAny answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-myself-an-administrator/cc95897d-c306-436a-a15d-4750881f8199