Windows 10: How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version?

Discus and support How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] 136043 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MariosX, Jul 5, 2019.

1. MariosX Win User

How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version?

How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? [​IMG]

:)

MariosX, Jul 5, 2019

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? - Similar Threads - remove annoying language

2. How do I remove the language installation from Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the language installation from Apps?: I downloaded and installed two language apps to see what it can do, but now I have removed from the Language section, but it remains in the installed app area. I cannot find it until control panel either. I do not want to wipe my computer to try to remove it. There must be...
  3. How do I remove the language installation from Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the language installation from Apps?: I downloaded and installed two language apps to see what it can do, but now I have removed from the Language section, but it remains in the installed app area. I cannot find it until control panel either. I do not want to wipe my computer to try to remove it. There must be...
  4. How do I remove these extra language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these extra language: I try to remove it on preferred languages but it still show in my language bar so that my problem how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-extra-language/b1595ea2-70be-4239-b1a7-7958e768f0c2
  5. How do I remove a language?

How do I remove a language?: Im supposed to only have 3 languages on my pc, English, Japanese and Spanish, but when I press windows key + space I suddenly have 3 variations of Spanish? Does anyone know whats going on and how to remove them? thank you....
  6. How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViperBurstYahir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ko9r8w/how_do_i_remove_this_the_line_its_very_annoying/
  7. How do you remove the extra input languages if they are not listed? It is really annoying...

How do you remove the extra input languages if they are not listed? It is really annoying...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/God_Zamasu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kd0ncn/how_do_you_remove_the_extra_input_languages_if/
  8. How do i remove this annoying message from the address panel?

How do i remove this annoying message from the address panel?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr6mue/how_do_i_remove_this_annoying_message_from_the/
  9. Annoying header. How do I remove

Annoying header. How do I remove: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigblackcoke786 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enatbz/annoying_header_how_do_i_remove/
  10. How do I remove a language from the keyboard?

How do I remove a language from the keyboard?: After the latest update Windows restored English UK to the list of languages available to my keyboard and I can't figure out how to remove it. Based on instructions here I tried to list the installed languages from Powershell with Get-WinUserLanguageList, but I got only:...