Windows 10: How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version?

Discus and support How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] 136043 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MariosX, Jul 5, 2019.

1. MariosX Win User

How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version?

How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? [​IMG]

:)

MariosX, Jul 5, 2019

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I remove the annoying language box from latest version? - Similar Threads - remove annoying language

2. The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The language bar went from the taskbar button to a floating box - how do I revert it?: Having right clicked the original button (displays ENG next to the time) and hit something I shouldn't have, I've now got to deal with a floating bar and a very unattractive, plain text button should I minimise it. It's a massive hassle in both respects and I want the...
  3. How do I remove latest update on Windows 10?

How do I remove latest update on Windows 10?: Hello. I had a feature update version 1803. However it took a lot of space and I would like to remove it. How do I do this? Any help appreciated, thank you....
  4. How do I remove second language keyboard layout?

How do I remove second language keyboard layout?: My computer runs English , but has a Norwegian keyboard layout. When I reinstalled Windows 10 on Saturday I did what I always do, I removed the secondary language, and Windows 10 only has Norwegian (Eng NO) now. But, if I accidentally hit Win+Space, it changes to English (Eng...
  5. I can't remove a language from the list of display languages

I can't remove a language from the list of display languages: I bought a Lenovo pc in China that runs under a windows 10 pro system. However, when I tried to remove Chinese from the display language list, I found it interesting how Chinese could still be an option after I uninstalled the language pack. Chinese characters appear...
  6. How do I remove Zimbra from W10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Zimbra from W10?: How do I rmove Zimbra from W10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-zimbra-from-w10/5062f7d2-f66d-4c06-9573-cd31ed7dfe23"
  7. How do I remove the extended search box

in Cortana
    How do I remove the extended search box: How do i remove the bar highlighted in the red box? This only happens on my new PC (installed windows a week ago) and does not happen on my old PC. [ATTACH]...
  8. how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email: how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-this-annoying-email/72d5b4a1-3547-4cdd-81b4-8fc3f6fd9246
  9. How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove OneDrive Folder From Win10 "Move Items" Box: This is my first post and I apologize if this has been answered before but I cannot find it anywhere on the web whatsoever. Everything points to removing from the Navigation Pane but that's not what I need. I uninstalled OneDrive through Microsoft's correct way of doing so...
  10. Do I have latest version and build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have latest version and build?: I have Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, and OS Build 16299.125. First thing is this the latest to date? Also, do you know where I can check this in the future. I googled it and found a couple of places but unfortunately they confused me. Somewhat new to Windows 10 update...