Windows 10: How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume?

Discus and support How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume? I only want the little volume indicator, and not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LSD_bliss, Nov 22, 2020.

1. How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume?

How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume?

I only want the little volume indicator, and not the big black bar that tells me what is playing atm.

submitted by /u/LSD_bliss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LSD_bliss, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Quigster Win User

Volume indicator upper left of screen

Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks like this:

How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume? [​IMG]

The box is immovable, but only lasts for 5 seconds (I adjusted the length of display to the minimum time allowed). My personal preference is to either move the bar or disable it; I find the location rather bothersome. However, I cannot seem to find any method to relocated the bar or disable it. Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions?

Quigster, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Flashing black box in upper left corner

Immediately after upgrading to Windows 10 I have experienced the appearance of a flashing black box in the upper left corner of the screen. It seems to appear about once to several times a minute and is extremely annoying to the point I 'm considering
    going back to Windows 8.1. It flashes on and off quickly. The Microsoft representative told me to be patient and he assured me there will be an update soon to correct these bugs. Has anyone else experienced this momentary flashing black box in the upper left
    corner which appears regardless of what I'm doing? Also can't enable screen saver since Windows 10 download?

DonaldSchiavo, Nov 22, 2020
  4. NurdBurd Win User

How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume?

Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

Howdy Bree,
    I don't see a magnifier glass in the upper left corner. Just to make sure I was not overlooking it, I changed my "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 125%." Then I went to the High Contrast area "Choose a theme: High Contrast White". Even after those two steps I still don't see a magnifier glass. I selected The Magnifier from my taskbar and indeed I saw the magnifier glass. When I used the magnifier glass, the recently generated magnifying area was deleted - but the area in the upper left corner remained.
    Is it possible to remove The Magnifier from Windows and then reinstall it? Or perhaps, a larger section of Windows containing The Magnifier and then reinstall this larger section?
    Thank you.

Carl M. Barlow, Jr.
    L: [email protected]

Howdy Bree,
    Did you take a Thanksgiving vacation?

Carl

NurdBurd, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove the big black bar that appears in the upper left corner when changing volume? - Similar Threads - remove big black

2. How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10 A solution to an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10 A solution to an...: This is a reply to a previous post from JL Manangan that I now understand was never answered correctly. I found the answer to the riddle. This person was using a program called System Explorer. You can remove the display by going into System Explorer's settings and unchecking...
  3. How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10 A solution to an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10 A solution to an...: This is a reply to a previous post from JL Manangan that I now understand was never answered correctly. I found the answer to the riddle. This person was using a program called System Explorer. You can remove the display by going into System Explorer's settings and unchecking...
  4. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  5. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  6. Orange and white bar with "100" appears in upper left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orange and white bar with "100" appears in upper left corner of screen: Does anyone have any idea what this is? It showed up a couple of days ago and I can't get rid of it. It stays on top of all other apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orange-and-white-bar-with-100-appears-in-upper/c7b236bc-a92d-4811-a64d-db608727b843
  7. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  8. White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar in upper left corner of screen, help?: [ATTACH] There's some white bar in the corner of my desktop. I've had this issue for a little while, but it's been kinda on and off. I can drag it around sometimes, but I'm trying to right now and nothing's happening. I believe it has something to do with my desktop icons,...
  9. How do you get rid of then sound volume bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you get rid of then sound volume bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen on...: I cannot get rid of the volume bar that indicates sound level from 0-100 from the upper left corner from my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-rid-of-then-sound-volume-bar-in-the/f7c0b55b-d86b-404a-8469-57944ea8dc43
  10. How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove transparent black box on upper left corner of windows 10: How can i remove this transparent black box on the upper left corner of my screen showing details such as CPU, Memory, etc.? It happens when i put my cursor on the top right of my screen or the right most edge of the task bar then roll my mouse along its vertical. It pops up...