Windows 10: How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

Discus and support How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can i remove the large black boxes on the right hand side and bottom of the screen when i switch on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by briancox 117, May 4, 2022.

1. How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

How can i remove the large black boxes on the right hand side and bottom of the screen when i switch on.

:)

briancox 117, May 4, 2022

2. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box issue after November 2015 update

I had the same problem, which is caused by the option to have the computer automatically change between desktop and tablet mode (the auto-switch but "don't ask" option). The switching affects performance; I cannot do anything while the computer switches.
    It takes less than a second, but since it switches to and then immediately from tablet mode, it's unresponsive for a second or two.

Not sure if you found a solution to this yet, but I followed the instructions above. I didn't have the check box checked, as was the case also for ds1980:

I followed the instructions but the box was never checked, so those instructions unfortunately do nothing for the issue at hand. And even with everything up to date in Windows Update, the black box still appears.

However, after checking the box I haven't experienced this problem (it's been 24 hours). So perhaps the problem was that auto-rotate wasn't on. I'd suggest trying the opposite of what Likhitha V above suggested, that is to
    check the checkbox (which is likely unchecked already) rather than uncheck it. The steps again:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Control Panel and select the top most search result.
    • Select Appearance and Personalization and click on Display option.
    • Click on Adjust resolution option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Uncheck the Allow the screen to auto-rotate option and check if the changes are effective.

I can't guarantee it will work, but it seems to have done the trick for me. It's worth trying!

Per L Bylund, May 4, 2022
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 4, 2022
  4. csatennis Win User

How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 4, 2022
Thema:

How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

1. How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on - Similar Threads - remove black help

2. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.: a transparent black box suddenly appeared when i accidently pressed some keys on the keyboard, and i don't know how to remove it, can someone help me please....
  3. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.: a transparent black box suddenly appeared when i accidently pressed some keys on the keyboard, and i don't know how to remove it, can someone help me please....
  4. a black box suddenly appeared and i can't remove it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...: I just activated the Canary Insider build, which was the first time I noticed this box. It only lasts for ~3 seconds, but stays if I keep clicking on it....
  6. When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I switch desktops, there is a small black box that appears with the text 'Desktop...: I just activated the Canary Insider build, which was the first time I noticed this box. It only lasts for ~3 seconds, but stays if I keep clicking on it....
  7. How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on: How can i remove the large black boxes on the right hand side and bottom of the screen when i switch on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-black-help-boxes-that-appear/b90cd66a-9334-4f7b-badc-d3b18ae83227
  8. Black boxes appear when shortcut arrows are removed. How can I fix this?

Black boxes appear when shortcut arrows are removed. How can I fix this?: I hate shortcut arrows with a passion. They are ugly. They shouldn't even exist. I have no clue why they are a thing. Because of this, I've used registry editor in the same way it does in this tutorial, in case that matter to remove these pesky little things multiple times...
  9. Random black box appeared when I logged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random black box appeared when I logged in: Idk much about computers, but I logged into my computer and after about 2 seconds these random black boxes opened and closed really fast. I’m not sure if there was any text in it. They have not appeared since. Could it just be something starting on my computer? Anything to...
  10. how do I remove flashing black box with red digits

how do I remove flashing black box with red digits: how do I remove flashing black box with red digits https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-flashing-black-box-with-red-digits/7a90d2a8-ae59-442f-a63a-2510e8059d8b