Windows 10: How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

Discus and support How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Safes, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Safes Win User

How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start' but it does not seem to do anything.Thanks

:)

Safes, Aug 26, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 26, 2022
  3. jc351226 Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Thank you guys so much for the replies. So a bit of things I have tried was renaming the files so they should not launch. I have added the new file names in the GPO as restricted apps to not be able to be used but the edge app is still listed in the start menu. and just clicking on it rings up a dead edge window prompting you of the lack of internet connection. But if you type C:\ in the bar it will open a file explorer in the root of C. i have been fighting with this new image for about 2 weeks now. It is locked down very tight. And the final step is doing away with the Edge icon. If i could just permanently hide or delete that icon I would be thoroughly finished. Thank you so much for your replies and I did follow those steps which did help to a certain extent. But since the application is still installed I guess the app will be listed in the installed app listing.

jc351226, Aug 26, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Aug 26, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu? - Similar Threads - remove Edge ads

2. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  3. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  4. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  5. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  6. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?: Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start' but it does not seem to do anything.Thanks...
  7. How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the Edge ads in the search menu?: Hi, Can anyone point me to the setting to remove these ads that appear in my search menu? I have turned off 'show suggestions occasionally in start' but it does not seem to do anything.Thanks...
  8. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?: Is it possible to permanently remove this pop-up and all other pop-ups like this from the start menu search. Clicking the x only causes it to reappear again every so often. Is there any registry edit or 3rd party app or something that permanently disables this? I'm on Windows...
  9. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?: Is it possible to permanently remove this pop-up and all other pop-ups like this from the start menu search. Clicking the x only causes it to reappear again every so often. Is there any registry edit or 3rd party app or something that permanently disables this? I'm on Windows...
  10. How do I remove Edge Ads from Start Menu Search?

in Windows 10 Customization