Windows 10: How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!!

Discus and support How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/daehoidar23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gts70k/how_do_i_remove_the_focus_rectangle_this_is_not_a/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daehoidar23, May 31, 2020.

1. How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!!

/u/daehoidar23, May 31, 2020
  2. CraigM70 Win User

How do I remove field/area focus rectangle in Win 10

I have recently upgraded from Win7 and finding some settings in Win 10 a challenge. Specifically the OS selects a field or screen area that it applies focus for keyboard entry. I'd like to remove that function. It does not help usability for me and there is a delay before the focus rectangle is displayed which is distracting. The cursor location should be sufficient to highlight where the focus is. There is no need to show both the cursor and focus rectangle.

Anyone able to give guidance on how to remove the focus rectangle? I've looked through the Ease of Use features and Advanced Settings, but might have missed something.

Lenovo X1 Tablet/Laptop
    Win 10 enterprise(2016)
    Win 64 bit with tablet pen and touch

CraigM70, May 31, 2020
  3. Removing Windows 10 double focus rectangle

For some reason, Windows 10 started showing double (thick) focus rectangle for desktop icons and listview items. It is 2 pixels thick.

How do I go back to single pixel (thin) focus rectangle as it originally used to be (1 pixel thick dotted rectangle)?

This is how it looks now:

How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!! PZDLs.png

This is how it used to look (picture from Win7):

How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!! LJGzO.png

The screenshots are from desktop icons but it shows on any standard listview control.

So to be clear, I do not want to remove the focused rectangle, I want to make it thinner again.

Coder12345, May 31, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!!

dalchina, May 31, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!!

1. How do I remove the focus rectangle? This is not a consistent feature and is very awful!!! - Similar Threads - remove focus rectangle

2. How do I fix very consistent ping spikes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix very consistent ping spikes?: Whenever I use my laptop I always get ping spikes up to 3000+ every few seconds. But my other devices like Mac and phone aren't affected. I've done all of the common solutions:Reinstall drivers, Restart Router/Internet, Update windows, Reset the entire laptop, ipconfig...
  3. How do I fix very consistent ping spikes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix very consistent ping spikes?: Whenever I use my laptop I always get ping spikes up to 3000+ every few seconds. But my other devices like Mac and phone aren't affected. I've done all of the common solutions:Reinstall drivers, Restart Router/Internet, Update windows, Reset the entire laptop, ipconfig...
  4. MoNotificationUx.exe is stealing window focus. How do I remove or disable it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoNotificationUx.exe is stealing window focus. How do I remove or disable it?: I've been having issues with something stealing my window focus since I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago. Using a tool called Window Focus Logger, I figured out the culprit has been a System32 executable called MoNotificationUx.exe and I have no idea how to stop it...
  5. MoNotificationUx.exe is stealing window focus. How do I remove or disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MoNotificationUx.exe is stealing window focus. How do I remove or disable it?: I've been having issues with something stealing my window focus since I upgraded to Windows 11 about a week ago. Using a tool called Window Focus Logger, I figured out the culprit has been a System32 executable called MoNotificationUx.exe and I have no idea how to stop it...
  6. how to remove strange clear rectangle?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove strange clear rectangle?: a transparent rectangle has appeared on my screen after my cat walked over the keyboard, i cant get rid of it and idk what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-strange-clear-rectangle/3c7b260a-f875-4293-840c-d31321fa3496
  7. Windows Sonic - it is awful and I want to remove it. How?

Windows Sonic - it is awful and I want to remove it. How?: A lot of us that uses Dolby Atmos for Headphones have an issue where Windows Sonic why does this exist? it sounds awful will automatically be set as the spatial surround sound default when we restart/ turn on our dac or bluetooth headphones. So far everyone at Microsoft has...
  8. How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViperBurstYahir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ko9r8w/how_do_i_remove_this_the_line_its_very_annoying/
  9. How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?

How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?: The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the...
  10. How do I remove field/area focus rectangle in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove field/area focus rectangle in Win 10: I have recently upgraded from Win7 and finding some settings in Win 10 a challenge. Specifically the OS selects a field or screen area that it applies focus for keyboard entry. I'd like to remove that function. It does not help usability for me and there is a delay before the...