Windows 10: How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?

Discus and support How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I remove the blue box when I drag and hold my mouse on my desktop? I looked this up but had no help. No, I don't have narrator on. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lilshav3, Oct 29, 2020.

1. lilshav3 Win User

How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?

How do I remove the blue box when I drag and hold my mouse on my desktop? I looked this up but had no help.

No, I don't have narrator on.

How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen? 8bb540ea-186f-4861-9ecf-7bbc2830e549?upload=true.png

:)

lilshav3, Oct 29, 2020

2. Removed icon from desktop screen how do i get it back.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When you say “Support Assistant” are you referring to any program?
    • Did you remove or uninstall from the computer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Go to Start.
    • Select all apps.
    • Check if the “Support assistant” is listed.
    • If listed Drag & drop to the desktop screen.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen?

1. How do I remove the highlighting on my Desktop screen? - Similar Threads - remove highlighting Desktop

2. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  3. How do I remove these from my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove these from my Desktop?: These are from when I Backed Up my One Drive and left these white ones sitting there on my Desk top. The second 2 are when I Set Up my Printer. They say SET UP. I also have the yellow one which is backup from my old lap top for this new PC. One of the white ones says Windows...
  4. how to remove this highlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove this highlight?: so i tried to modify Windows but after modify i bring all back but i have some sort of highlighting when i right click on Desktop or taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-this-highlight/c2be12c3-8e01-42a8-b608-2ba7e6b7b6d4
  5. how to remove this highlight?

how to remove this highlight?: so i tried to modify Windows but after modify i bring all back but i have some sort of highlighting when i right click on Desktop or taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-this-highlight/c2be12c3-8e01-42a8-b608-2ba7e6b7b6d4
  6. how to remove this highlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop: When you hover over any icon not selecting it or clicking on it, it will highlight it like this:What I'm trying to get is no such highlight to appear. I have a lot of icons for different files I use for work and I can see my mouse but this moving hover is not helping and is...
  8. How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop

How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop: When you hover over any icon not selecting it or clicking on it, it will highlight it like this:What I'm trying to get is no such highlight to appear. I have a lot of icons for different files I use for work and I can see my mouse but this moving hover is not helping and is...
  9. How do i remove these from my desktop screen?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove these from my desktop screen?: So I was organizing my desktop screen when I noticed these apps (Below) would not delete.[ATTACH] I try to delete them and this happens (Below)[ATTACH] I think it thinks it's the actual app but it has a shortcut icon. So I go into file explorer to move them, and they're not...
  10. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to deactivate multiple highlight on my PC desktop

2. how to deactivate multiple hilight on my PC desk top