Windows 10: How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10)

Discus and support How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BaronMax, Jul 2, 2019.

1. BaronMax Win User

How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10)

I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc.

This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and several reset with no succes. After several forced shot down (=Power Failier) the system detected the screen again and I was able to log in to the Profile - but this time with an empty desktop (could not load the full profile, documents pictures etc.)

After another restart, I could no longer log in to the profile - It just returned to the login screen when I tried to log in.

I then created a new Profile with Admin rights and were able to copy local documents etc. from the corrupted profile to the new profile.

The new profile just need to be linked to my Microsoft Account - if someone can me remove the link to the corrupted profile.

My system: Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, Build 17134.829

:)

BaronMax, Jul 2, 2019
  2. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?<br>
    The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account<br>
    4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10)

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I remove the "link" to my Microsoft Account for a corrupted Profile (Win10) - Similar Threads - remove link Microsoft

2. How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?: If I want to leave a comment on a news story I see, I have to sign in, and when I do, there is a message that says "Account Restricted"? It seems I am blocked and am not able to do any commenting and would like to know why? I would like to have this removed so I can...
  3. How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a restriction on my account or profile in the Microsoft Start Community?: If I want to leave a comment on a news story I see, I have to sign in, and when I do, there is a message that says "Account Restricted"? It seems I am blocked and am not able to do any commenting and would like to know why? I would like to have this removed so I can...
  4. How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile: I want to change the Microsoft account that is linked to my User profile.I haven't found anything on this topic online and am wondering if this is even possible....
  5. How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Switch the Microsoft account linked to User profile: I want to change the Microsoft account that is linked to my User profile.I haven't found anything on this topic online and am wondering if this is even possible....
  6. How do i link my Microsoft Account to my device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i link my Microsoft Account to my device: I'm trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store but it keeps on showing"It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with you're Microsoft Account."...
  7. In the Microsoft account how do I see all my linked Win10 PC names

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    In the Microsoft account how do I see all my linked Win10 PC names: I need to clean up my Microsoft Account. I need to know how to see all my windows 10 PC names in my Microsoft Account. I can see the 2 that are on. But I had like 6 PC with Win 10 on them and I got rid of 3. Can you tell me where to find that info and how to delete them....
  8. How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile: I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc. This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and...
  9. How do I link data locations to my profile after a profile corruption?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I link data locations to my profile after a profile corruption?: Hi My machine was working flawlessly 12 hours ago. Started this morning and got a temporary user profile. I searched the archives and got instructions to remove two .bak files in the registry to be able to reaccess the profiles without errors. Now I have two active...
  10. How do I remove this profile ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove this profile ?: How do I remove this old monitor profile ? Windows says I need permission *Confused 106568

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove link with microsoft account