Windows 10: How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...

Discus and support How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I installed dropbox on my computer to backup some items, and at some point I didn't want to use it anymore, because I already had Onedrive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeKingNegus, Dec 2, 2020.

1. How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...

How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer... Uh7zuAVIspnIKwwejMrPWS0h5eyvkA8iEzD0ie5TX1I.jpg

I installed dropbox on my computer to backup some items, and at some point I didn't want to use it anymore, because I already had Onedrive, so I didn't see the point in having dropbox as well.

I then unsynced my dropbox from my pc and deleted dropbox from the control panel, and when I opened file explorer to check my downloads, I see a shortcut named "My files in Dropbox". When I open it, my downloads are in it, but I'm not sure whether it's a copy from a separate downloads folder that dropbox made, or if it's my downloads from before it all.

Moreover, when I open the shortcut, it displays my downloads, but not by the date I downloaded them. Before I installed dropbox, my downloads used to display from the dates I downloaded them, from newest to oldest. I'm pretty sure this is the default one.

After installing and removing dropbox, when I open the shortcut, it displays my downloads from folders first, then downloads in alphabetical order.

It's a pretty big deal to me, it bothers me ALOT, and to me it's much more convenient to see my downloads from the date I downloaded them (newest to oldest) .

Can I get help on how to delete the shortcut without deleting my downloads in it, or at least have it the way it was before, where I just click the downloads icon in file explorer and it displays my downloads in order from newest to oldest? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

I just want it the simple style it was before.

Btw, this all happened today.

Before I click on \"downloads\" on the left.

After. The shortcut appears, as well as another folder named \"MY PC(and the laptop name)\" that was made the day I installed and deleted dropbox. When I open that folder, another folder appears named \"Downloads\" that was also made today that when I open, my downloads appear.

Hope this isn't confusing. PLease help me.

submitted by /u/LeKingNegus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeKingNegus, Dec 2, 2020
  2. corrywd Win User

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Unable to open Dropbox file sent to me

I received a file in my yahoo.ca email box. The file shows that it is shared by Dropbox. When I click the button to open the file, my Gmail account shows up. Why does my Dropbox did not open to receive this file?

I downloaded the file, but none of the application listed by Microsoft allows me to open the file.

Any suggestions?

RozaBulyaki, Dec 2, 2020
  4. How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer...

1. How do I remove the "My files in Dropbox" shortcut in the Downloads in File Explorer... - Similar Threads - remove files Dropbox

2. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  3. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  4. How do I get rid of DropBox files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of DropBox files: I created a DropBox account to backup my files and instead discovered that my Document files, my Pictures, and my Videos were all missing. I finally found out how to get back my Document files, half of my Videos, but none of my pictures. The Picture files will show up in...
  5. How do I get rid of DropBox files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of DropBox files: I created a DropBox account to backup my files and instead discovered that my Document files, my Pictures, and my Videos were all missing. I finally found out how to get back my Document files, half of my Videos, but none of my pictures. The Picture files will show up in...
  6. How do I get rid of DropBox files

7. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer: I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings...
  8. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer: I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings...
  9. How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane: [ATTACH]When you install Dropbox on your Windows computer, an icon gets installed in the Navigation Pane of File Explorer automatically. If you want to remove […] This article How to remove Dropbox from File Explorer Navigation Pane first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. How to open Dropbox files & folders in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Dropbox files & folders in File Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Dropbox opens its app to open and explore files, but you want to open Dropbox files in File Explorer in Windows 10, then it […] This article How to open Dropbox files & folders in File Explorer in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...