Windows 10: How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!?

Discus and support How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I logged into my microsoft account in order to get help for my wife's Quickbooks 2019 being disabled by a Windows Update. Despite many attempts to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidArnold, Feb 12, 2019.

1. How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!?

I logged into my microsoft account in order to get help for my wife's Quickbooks 2019 being disabled by a Windows Update.

Despite many attempts to eradicate my information from her computer, things like One Drive list my information, and most disturbingly, offer to reset the password to my Microsoft account.

It is more than a little problematic that a computer I have ever used to log in to my microsoft account would offer to change my password outside my control.

The question is how to remove my microsoft account entirely from someone else's computer when I have only incidentally logged in from it?

How many other Microsoft products are waiting to log my wife's computer into my Microsoft account?

David

:)

DavidArnold, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 12, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!?

Password Change on the Computer

Hello,

You may change your local user account password by following the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click
      Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!?

1. How do I remove the one drive offer to change my password from my WIFE'S computer!!!? - Similar Threads - remove drive offer

2. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove one drive from my SSD.: How do I remove one drive from my SSD. Note it's not the file, but the icon. It has takes up the same space that I can see with in the web version. I have clicked the files for on-demand and that hasn't freed up any of the SSD. I had also tried to unlink one drive and that...
  3. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove one drive from my SSD.: How do I remove one drive from my SSD. Note it's not the file, but the icon. It has takes up the same space that I can see with in the web version. I have clicked the files for on-demand and that hasn't freed up any of the SSD. I had also tried to unlink one drive and that...
  4. How do I remove one drive from my SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?: It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to completely remove this invasive program were not removed. I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy and makes it impossible...
  6. How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I completely remove One Drive from my system?: It would be great it Microsoft would stop forcing files onto One Drive then holding them hostage there. It would also be great if my posts on how to completely remove this invasive program were not removed. I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy and makes it impossible...
  7. How do I change my computer password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my computer password: How do I change my computer password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password/d1a2cdc2-8d95-46e9-9176-7ce661ee5508
  8. How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account?: How do I remove my ex-wife from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-ex-wife-from-my-microsoft/3dfb1b0a-7499-49a4-aa1e-70055f76e8a4
  9. How do I change the password for my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the password for my computer?: I would like to do away with the need to sign in to my computer each time I boot up. Can I make that happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-do-i-change-the-password-for-my-computer/70c3967b-31e6-4e59-840a-d2f7975b8135
  10. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i change my one drive password

2. one drive disable password change notice

3. how do i remove one drive password from laptop