Windows 10: How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

Discus and support How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TurtleSaur, May 11, 2022.

1. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen.

:)

TurtleSaur, May 11, 2022

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2022
  3. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, May 11, 2022
  4. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, May 11, 2022
Thema:

How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

1. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen? - Similar Threads - remove PIN option

2. How do i remove a pin locked laptop with a locked email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove a pin locked laptop with a locked email: So , i started up my old dusted up laptop from its slumber and it is locked with a pin of an long forgotten waste email that i dont know the password to , moreover i dont know the password to the back up email that connected to that account as it was a waste email too which i...
  3. Removing PIN code option is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing PIN code option is locked.: I wanted to remove the PIN for my windows i don't want to enter it everytime i open my computer. Why the option for removing the PIN is locked for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pin-code-option-is-locked/6fb11f8b-32b2-4a86-a9e2-6f20320e2e69
  4. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?: I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen....
  5. How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen?: I changed the name on my Windows 10's lock screen from my full name to my first and last name, and I want to remove the PIN option and use only the password while on the lock screen....
  6. Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in: Remove PIN sign in option. Only want to use password for sign in. remove option in user settings is grayed out. can not remove pin as a sign in option...
  7. How do I have only the pin option while logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I have only the pin option while logging in?: I want to have the pin windows logging with out the “other login options” I want to be able to only use my pin always. I don’t want for my Microsoft password unlock my pc submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...
  8. How do i remove my pins and passwords.

How do i remove my pins and passwords.: I just reinstalled my windows and i tried almost everything to remove the log-in password at the start and the pin. It doesn't let me. It always needs my password at the start. How can i remove it? I don't need it. No one will acces my PC besides me. How the frick do i remove...
  9. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen: This is urgent Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover So how to remove it ? *He's not a criminal or something.....
  10. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...