Windows 10: How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?

Discus and support How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I want to open a recently viewed Notebook text or Word document, whose app icons are seated on my taskbar, I right-click to view a list of recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertStemmler, Sep 19, 2018.

1. How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?

When I want to open a recently viewed Notebook text or Word document, whose app icons are seated on my taskbar, I right-click to view a list of recent files. What I want to know is, how do I stop this compilation from occurring? Or, how can I limit the number of files being retained?

:)

RobertStemmler, Sep 19, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 19, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Sep 19, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?

95Viper, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar?

1. How do I remove the recent files list from an application on my taskbar? - Similar Threads - remove recent files

2. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  3. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  4. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  5. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  6. How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Remove an Orphaned Menu Item from the All Applications List?: After the latest 3/2023 Windows 11 update, I discovered I had a program menu entry in my All Apps menu that I could not remove. I removed the offending program through the recommended uninstall method and rebooted to clear any remnants that might have remained. The program...
  7. How do I remove this from my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove this from my Taskbar?: Hello, Does this take up RAM, and how do I remove it from my Taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-this-from-my-taskbar/ee1763af-35bb-4967-b07b-05e1ef9b1dae
  8. How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete / remove / unpin the recent files from my taskbar: Hi, how can i delete / remove / unpin recent files from my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-remove-unpin-the-recent-files-from/38a46588-1fdf-42ca-9fec-e972309de5bf
  9. Unable to run programs from recent file list on taskbar

Unable to run programs from recent file list on taskbar: I have always launched programs from the taskbar by right clicking on them, selecting the file I want to use and clicking on it. For example if I right clicked the Excel shortcut on the taskbar I got a list of recently edited .xlsx files. I would click on the one I wanted...
  10. How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?: I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it. [img] Because of that, I only get one item of my recently opened folders and files. Is there a way to expand the list of the recent files in that taskbar File Explorer?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent Files List

2. remove last opened files in taskbar

3. windows 10 remove an application recent list