Windows 10: How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.

Discus and support How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it. in Cortana to solve the problem; This bar is so annoying! It takes up room at the top and so pushes important info at the bottom of my screen out of view, things like buttons I need to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DeannaChristian, May 21, 2019.

1. How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.

This bar is so annoying! It takes up room at the top and so pushes important info at the bottom of my screen out of view, things like buttons I need to choose. How can I get rid of it? Help!

:)

DeannaChristian, May 21, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 21, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Geethu B Win User

How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 21, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it.

1. How do I remove the Search bar & Quick Maps and Directions? I do not want it. - Similar Threads - remove Search bar

2. How do I remove these stupid icons in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove these stupid icons in the search bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sp3ctre_6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulm070/how_do_i_remove_these_stupid_icons_in_the_search/
  3. How do i remove the bing bar?

How do i remove the bing bar?: I installed retroarch which came with a directx9 installer and i forgot to untick the bing bar from it and now i cannot find it in the programs and features to uninstall it. submitted by /u/Utinnni [link] [comments]...
  4. I want to do it quickly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to do it quickly: I want to update my PC to make it faster and cleaner. What is the fastest way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-do-it-quickly/49ca317d-34fa-45a5-b1c2-1820f08f1c02
  5. How do I remove the new search bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove the new search bar?: [ATTACH] How do I remove the new search bar that comes up when I search for something in File Explorer and Task Manager, and replace it with the old one? It's annoying to use because it uses the fancy, 'modernized' right click animations that are contrastingly clunky and...
  6. How do i remove/rebind quick commands?

How do i remove/rebind quick commands?: ex like pressig ctrl t for a new tab in your browser submitted by /u/Swediboi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga7k3h/how_do_i_removerebind_quick_commands/
  7. How do i remove these bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove these bars: Hello im here to ask how to remove these today and yesterday etc bars cause its annoying for me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-bars/76fcc11e-7199-4b05-a8c8-0e86b54cb0ce"
  8. How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?

How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?: [ATTACH] Hello so I'd like to remove these folder from the sidebar : https://preview.redd.it/ycg5g1otpww31.png?width=1192&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac85a532707aaa6ea8b3c595263686dc9672b386 I tried the various option that they have when you click right but there is no remove...
  9. Quick maps and directions on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick maps and directions on laptop: I have Quickmapsanddirections on my windows 10 laptop. Microsoft safety scanner did not find it. What do I do next? Thank you. andy l https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quickmapsanddirections/7d5b356d-76f6-4c1b-b7c0-bb8ddacc41c8
  10. How do I remove quick access?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove quick access?: I'm not a fan of quick access/frequent folder/recent files. I liked the windows 8 system. Reason is because I don't want people who use my computer to have quick access to files that are personal or nsfw. I don't to use a type of security system because I use my computer...