Windows 10: How do I remove the start up pin option ?

Discus and support How do I remove the start up pin option ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Cancel does not work as posted.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScottCuson, Jul 4, 2018.

1. How do I remove the start up pin option ?

Cancel does not work as posted.

:)

ScottCuson, Jul 4, 2018

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2018
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2018
  4. vexorg Win User

How do I remove the start up pin option ?

No Option to Pin to Start

So there's no option to have recent docs directly from the start if the program is pinned to the start menu now?
    That seems like a step backward

vexorg, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I remove the start up pin option ?

1. How do I remove the start up pin option ? - Similar Threads - remove start pin

2. Windows 11 - How do I remove sign in/pin at start up COMPLETELY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How do I remove sign in/pin at start up COMPLETELY?: First of all - STOP "PROTECTING" US.I do not want to have to enter a pin every single time I use my computer.So please tell me how I remove this option COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY!And for gods sake - treat people like adult and STOP trying to "hide" these options.Its my computer,...
  3. Windows 11 - How do I remove sign in/pin at start up COMPLETELY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - How do I remove sign in/pin at start up COMPLETELY?: First of all - STOP "PROTECTING" US.I do not want to have to enter a pin every single time I use my computer.So please tell me how I remove this option COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY!And for gods sake - treat people like adult and STOP trying to "hide" these options.Its my computer,...
  4. How do I require a PIN on start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I require a PIN on start up?: For security reasons we would like to change the start up settings on our Windows PC to require a PIN on start up but when I go to settings > accounts > sign-in options > and select Windows Hello PIN, then restart the computer it just logs in without requesting a PIN. We have...
  5. How do I require a PIN on start up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I require a PIN on start up?: For security reasons we would like to change the start up settings on our Windows PC to require a PIN on start up but when I go to settings > accounts > sign-in options > and select Windows Hello PIN, then restart the computer it just logs in without requesting a PIN. We have...
  6. How do I require a PIN on start up?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the option to add pin etc at start up: Hi, I have just installed 2 x SSD with the help of some Win 7 members. One runs Win 7 & the other Win 10 Im pretty much all set up now but one thing Im stuck with is the option to either enter Pin or Password at start up every time. Im the only user so when I switch on pc...
  8. How do I remove the PIN in the sign in options for Microsoft 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove the PIN in the sign in options for Microsoft 10: How do I remove the PIN in the sign in options for Microsoft 10. I dont want a PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-pin-in-the-sign-in-options-for/5cf5280e-c061-459c-889b-3aefc2cb69e0
  9. How Do I Remove Start-Up Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Remove Start-Up Password: I created a password that I must enter each time I start the computer. Since this is a Home Computer and only I use it, it's a waste of time. How can I remove the requirement for a password every time I turn on the computer ? I tried the "netplwiz" route and unchecked...
  10. How do i get rid of pin on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i get rid of pin on start up: is there a way of not putting in a pin or password on start up?iv tryed to remove it but it looks as if they forgot a tab to disable this option.*Mad*Mad 17907

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove pin from startup