Windows 10: How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

Discus and support How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently opened settings and noticed I was unhelpfully greeted with these advertisements at the top of my settings app. I use better and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SofiaMRM, Mar 19, 2021.

1. SofiaMRM Win User

How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings c9f8d9b2-7aec-4e5e-bcbc-1d6997eff299?upload=true.png

I recently opened settings and noticed I was unhelpfully greeted with these advertisements at the top of my settings app. I use better and more secure third-party tools for backup and web browsing, and have zero interest in allowing anyone to datamine my computer usage for "rewards."

Can I replace these with helpful tiles along the lines of windows update, or if not, how do I disable these advertisements entirely?

:)

SofiaMRM, Mar 19, 2021

2. Google Customer Reward Program Scam

Follow the steps here.

Remove "Google Customer Reward Program" Pop-ups (Survey Scam)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen ~ MVP, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 19, 2021
  4. How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings

1. How do I remove these advertisements for OneDrive, Edge, and Rewards from Settings - Similar Threads - remove advertisements OneDrive

2. How do I remove onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove onedrive?: Hi, I was wondering how I could get rid of onedrive completely? I want my documents folder to be stored on my laptop and not onedrive. I want to stop paying for my subscription but I don’t want to lose all my files I have saved. I have over 40gb of files that I need. I have...
  3. How do I remove onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove onedrive?: Hi, I was wondering how I could get rid of onedrive completely? I want my documents folder to be stored on my laptop and not onedrive. I want to stop paying for my subscription but I don’t want to lose all my files I have saved. I have over 40gb of files that I need. I have...
  4. HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE: I DON'T WANT THIS **** ON MY GODDAMN PC THAT I PAID MONEY FOR, I DON'T WANT THE **** SIGN IN POPUP EVERY TIME I OPEN A STEAM GAME, LET ME GET RID OF THIS **** PERMANANTLY OR I JAILBREAK MY PC...
  5. HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE: I DON'T WANT THIS **** ON MY GODDAMN PC THAT I PAID MONEY FOR, I DON'T WANT THE **** SIGN IN POPUP EVERY TIME I OPEN A STEAM GAME, LET ME GET RID OF THIS **** PERMANANTLY OR I JAILBREAK MY PC...
  6. How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?: Hi, so I'm looking for a way to permanently remove the OneDrive folder from my file explorer. So far I have unlinked OneDrive from my PC, uninstalled it, and used edit group policy to prevent storage usage of the folder. Nothing thus far has worked, some downloads still...
  7. How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the OneDrive from file explorer?: Hi, so I'm looking for a way to permanently remove the OneDrive folder from my file explorer. So far I have unlinked OneDrive from my PC, uninstalled it, and used edit group policy to prevent storage usage of the folder. Nothing thus far has worked, some downloads still...
  8. Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Rewards and Web Browsers from Settings.: How can I remove these from Settings. They are annoying sitting there.Rewards are not worth the effort. Edge has all the same issues as Chrome....
  9. How do I remove the "Rewards: Start Earning" icon from my Settings app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the "Rewards: Start Earning" icon from my Settings app?: I've already opted out of Microsoft Rewards, but whenever I open up Settings, there's an icon on the top right corner that says "Rewards: Start Earning" to the right of the Windows Update status. It's incredibly annoying, does anyone know how to remove it completely? I am on...
  10. HOW DO I REMOVE BING FROM THE NEW EDGE ?

in Cortana
    HOW DO I REMOVE BING FROM THE NEW EDGE ?: I HAVE DELETED IT IT IN SETTINGS, ELEVATED GOOGLE IN INSTEAD, YET EVERY TIME I SEARCH M ITS THAT BLANKETY BLANK BING ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-bing-from-the-new-edge/492c2fd3-588b-4811-a400-c8165a2b5de8"