Windows 10: How do I remove this account? Help!!

Discus and support How do I remove this account? Help!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I somehow ended up with a family account. I cannot remove the "child" account or change the age, email or anything else. Customer support sent me here... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Brian Seifert, Mar 17, 2023.

1. How do I remove this account? Help!!

I somehow ended up with a family account. I cannot remove the "child" account or change the age, email or anything else. Customer support sent me here after an hour of troubleshooting. "Remove from family group" gives a "You can't remove Brian from the family group" message, manage consent sends me to a "Manage permissions" info page with two links that both send me back to square 1. I would like to remove or reset the account so that I can use my email to log in without my computer asking me to get consent from myself which is a serious pain. This is my business email and on all of my busin

:)

Brian Seifert, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 17, 2023
  4. How do I remove this account? Help!!

need help removing account of of laptop

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove this account? Help!!

1. How do I remove this account? Help!! - Similar Threads - remove account Help

2. How do I remove this account? Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this account? Help!!: I somehow ended up with a family account. I cannot remove the "child" account or change the age, email or anything else. Customer support sent me here after an hour of troubleshooting. "Remove from family group" gives a "You can't remove Brian from the family group" message,...
  3. How do I remove this account? Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this account? Help!!: I somehow ended up with a family account. I cannot remove the "child" account or change the age, email or anything else. Customer support sent me here after an hour of troubleshooting. "Remove from family group" gives a "You can't remove Brian from the family group" message,...
  4. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an old microsoft account?: I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-old-microsoft-account/c628fa52-d08e-4f47-970b-829a8c09fe56
  5. How do I remove an old microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an old microsoft account?: I have an old microsoft account that I can't get rid of. It comes up autyomatically on my PC. Not a user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-old-microsoft-account/c628fa52-d08e-4f47-970b-829a8c09fe56
  6. Help, how do I remove these "accounts"? They are nowhere to be found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, how do I remove these "accounts"? They are nowhere to be found: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViperBurstYahir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkdksw/help_how_do_i_remove_these_accounts_they_are/
  7. How do I remove an account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove an account?: When I activated my new notebook with windows 10, it created an account for me with a name I didn't want. That caused problems with software I want to transfer from my old win 10 machine. I created an account with the compatible name and now the transferred software finds...
  8. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...
  9. How do I remove an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an administrator account?: We added a user to the computer and now want to change the administrator. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-administrator-account/efc159d8-bba4-482c-82bc-fb41ba10afad
  10. How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Do I Remove Admin Account Restrictions: Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to tell windows 10 to ignore all it's default settings and let me have completely unrestricted access to my computer. My windows 10 laptop is expressly intended for useless junk wherein getting a virus, pup, or whatever doesn't mean a damn...