Windows 10: How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?

Discus and support How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kololos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dz0jza/how_do_i_remove_this_entry_from_the_desktops/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kololos, Nov 20, 2019.

1. How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?

/u/Kololos, Nov 20, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? :)

Necrofire, Nov 20, 2019
  4. How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu?

1. How do I remove this entry from the Desktop's context menu? - Similar Threads - remove entry Desktop's

2. Remove context menu entry: Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove context menu entry: Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: Hello and thanks for reading. Remote Desktop Connection is turned off on all machines, you cant make outgoing or receive any RDP requests. Ive long been a fan of the context menu tweaks provided by the community in these forums, they are unsurpassed, however cannot find...
  3. Remove context menu entry: Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove context menu entry: Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: Hello and thanks for reading. Remote Desktop Connection is turned off on all machines, you cant make outgoing or receive any RDP requests. Ive long been a fan of the context menu tweaks provided by the community in these forums, they are unsurpassed, however cannot find...
  4. How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When most of your attempts in finding a file on your computer fail or do not yield the desired results, you try to restore it […] This article How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  5. Update to windows 2004 from 1909 removed context menu entries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to windows 2004 from 1909 removed context menu entries: that's right. Not a big deal for me since I can reinstall the app / repair for git and powershell, as well as 7zip and WinRar has functions for dealing with context menu. But for some it might be hard to get it back. Just a warning. submitted by /u/-DivineGod- [link]...
  6. How to remove Create a new video context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Create a new video context menu entry: I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files. [img] Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? *Biggrin 119141
  7. Removing Office '16 context menu entries?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office '16 context menu entries?: Hello; I've recently installed Office 16 and only just noticed that it's added new context meny entries in my explorer. Upon /r clicking (in the desktop, not on a file), under "new" category, there are now entries for each and every Office 'product': New Word document, New...
  8. How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OneDrive entries from right click context menu: Hi, this is my first post and I hope this is the right forum section. I'm trying to make Windows 10 more "personal", adding/removing some features according to my needs. Now I'm customising the right click context menu and I'd like to remove OneDrive entries, without...
  9. How do you remove items from a context menu?

How do you remove items from a context menu?: Some installed programs have inserted items on my context menu that appears when I right-click on e.g., a folder. How do I remove the unwanted items? [img] 65071
  10. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356