Windows 10: How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed a few new Windows 10 updates and after restarting my computer there's this new tab on my taskbar that shows the weather and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EverydayAden, Jun 9, 2021.

1. How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

Hi, I just installed a few new Windows 10 updates and after restarting my computer there's this new tab on my taskbar that shows the weather and a bunch of clickbait news articles on MSN. I tried looking through my settings and right clicking my taskbar and there doesn't appear to be any option to remove this new tab, and trying to click the "manage interests" button and unchecking a bunch of options doesn't seem to get rid of anything either. Is there any way to get rid of this? It's a tad annoying when it's just there to be there. If I wanted to look at MSN news I could just go to the websit

:)

EverydayAden, Jun 9, 2021

2. News/Weather app not loading

Hi Philibert,

I suggest you to uninstall both the apps with the PowerShell command and reinstall again.

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on
      Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following commands and hit
      Enter.
    Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Reinstall the app from the following link.

5. Install the News app
    and Weather app
    from the Windows Store.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2021
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

1. How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - remove news weather

2. how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?: if you click on the wifi sound and battery that menu will pop-up. i want to get rid of that spotify control centre. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-thing-right-of-the-taskbar/2b0454e6-5896-46dd-bb77-cb5ccb0e67db
  3. how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?: if you click on the wifi sound and battery that menu will pop-up. i want to get rid of that spotify control centre. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-thing-right-of-the-taskbar/2b0454e6-5896-46dd-bb77-cb5ccb0e67db
  4. Taskbar News And Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar News And Weather: Why is the News and Weather available only when the taskbar is at the bottom? I prefer my taskbar being at the top of the screen but it isn't available when set there....
  5. Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove News & Weather icon from Taskbar: Windows 10 on PC (OS build 19041.1052 A recent W10 auto-update added a news & weather icon to my Task Bar. It pops-up at inopportune times and obscures whatever I'm working on. The box doesn't have an X to close the popup. So, I've learned to click in the box, and then on the...
  6. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  7. There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...: There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out how to get rid of it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-new-weathernews-thing-on-my-taskbar/550d6522-14ff-496d-92c7-8b53e70d0523
  8. How to remove the new news thing after update

How to remove the new news thing after update: After I update windows, some random weather icon appears in the taskbar, and when I click on it, some news thing popup. Is there a way to remove this thing?...
  9. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  10. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 weather taskbar powershell