Windows 10: How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?

Discus and support How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Despite uninstalling them I still have traces of chrome, opera and brave. How do I get rid of them? 170352 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yahanna, Dec 14, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?

Despite uninstalling them I still have traces of chrome, opera and brave. How do I get rid of them?

:)

yahanna, Dec 14, 2020
  2. zebal Win User

The method dalchina mentioned is preferred way to do it for most users.

Alternative is to boot into safe mode, and remove all folders belonging to these browsers, and then empty recycle bin.
    Next step is to back up registry and use CTRL + F and F3 to get rid of remnant keys.
    Registry search must begin restrictive (ex. full product name) and second search less restrictive (ex. executable name)
    Make sure not to delete keys you're not sure what they are, better leave them.

It is important to make sure ALL folders and files are gone from file system first before going to registry.
    If some folders or files can't be removed you'll have to take ownership and grant permissions for your account.

The benefit of this method is that you don't have to install yet another program and don't have to deal with traces if you plan to remove it afterwards.

zebal, Dec 14, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers? - Similar Threads - Remove Traces Uninstalled

2. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  3. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  4. How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?: Despite uninstalling them I still have traces of chrome, opera and brave. How do I get rid of them? 170352
  5. I cant uninstall ray tracing!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant uninstall ray tracing!!!!!!!!!!: I can't uninstall the Ray Tracing minecraft beta. I am trying to uninstall it because my gpu was not powerful enough to run it. I have tried uninstalling minecraft through widows powershell and everything. I really just want to play the game that I bought for $30. I even...
  6. How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove all traces of Libraries from Windows 10?: I truly loathe Windows 10 libraries. They're useless for the way I handle my files in projects where audio, video, music and document assets come and go on a per-client basis, and change locations quickly. But Microsoft is convinced it knows my needs better than I do. It...
  7. How do I remove techbrowsing.com browser redirector?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I remove techbrowsing.com browser redirector?: Hi all, I think I have techbrowsing.com browser redirector on my PC. Occasionally my browser (firefox) will go to the techbrowsing page or a random page, like russian dating or slimspots or greenwood formula money making, none of which are the sites I want to go to. I...
  8. Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Completely Uninstall & Remove All Traces of Edge: How do I quickly remove and uninstall Edge? Did anyone make a .reg or .bat file to do it all for you? 35090
  9. How do I remove/uninstalled components?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove/uninstalled components?: How do I remove the pre-installed components/apps for tablet PC and Xbox One? I don't need tablet components on my PC, and I have no plan to get an Xbox One. 14079
  10. How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??: I had a printer software previously installed. Then I installed a different printer of the same company (Epson). I uninstalled one hoping to retain just the other. But when I wanted to use the only printer left on my system it gave me an option to use it or the other printer....