Windows 10: How do I remove "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml"?

Discus and support How do I remove "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran a Full Scan of my computer on Windows Defender for the first time in a while today, and after about an hour or so Windows Defender flagged up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by d_aydream, Jan 13, 2021.

1. d_aydream Win User

How do I remove "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml"?

I ran a Full Scan of my computer on Windows Defender for the first time in a while today, and after about an hour or so Windows Defender flagged up that there was a threat present in my computer called "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml". Windows Defender told me that this is a severe threat, so I quarantined it but then Windows Defender told me that the "Remediation [was] incomplete", the quarantine failed, and that "This threat or app might not be completely remediated."

So, I ran a Microsoft Defender Offline Scan and after my computer restarted, I ran another Full Scan to check whether the threat had been removed now, however, halfway through the Full Scan, Windows Defender closed itself. I installed any Windows 10 updates I needed to install in case that was the issue, but still, the Full Scan keeps stopping halfway through.

I'm completely clueless as to what to do at this point, I'm not sure how far the virus could have spread across my system. I'm also not sure how long this virus has been in my computer either, this is the first Full Scan I have done in my computer for a while.

Does anyone know how to remove this virus?

Thank you!

:)

d_aydream, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Jacee Win User

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

This is a "Backdoor" trojan. Read about it here: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml - Virus Lists and Removal Steps

These are the most dangerous, and most widespread, type of Trojan.

Backdoor Trojans provide the author or ‘master’ of the Trojan with remote ‘administration’ of victim machines. Unlike legitimate remote administration utilities, they install, launch and run invisibly, without the consent or knowledge of the user. Once installed, backdoor Trojans can be instructed to send, receive, execute and delete files, harvest confidential data from the computer, log activity on the computer and more.

If your computer was used for online banking or has credit card information on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for email, eBay and forums.
    You should consider them to be compromised.
    They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one, if not an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information.

Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breech.

Jacee, Jan 13, 2021
  3. OldNavyGuy, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Mr Morgan Win User

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

Can anyone assist?

Earlier today a .zip file was downloaded onto my Windows 10 PC which contained a Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml virus. I am not sure if the virus was run or not but it was detected by Windows Security.

As a precaution I have performed a System Restore in Windows but I still see the following message in Windows Security (allowing for some security details to be blacked out):

How do I remove "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml"? [​IMG]

The only Action allowed for the above is Allow and all the affected items, as can be seen above, appear to be in the Downloads folder.

Neither Windows Defender or Malwarebytes indicate a problem in the Downloads folder, but can anyone suggest a tool that I can use to verify that the virus has been removed?

Also, is it possible for me to seek to clear the warning above, and does anyone know how that can be done?

Thanks

Mr Morgan, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I remove "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.C!ml"? - Similar Threads - remove Trojan Script

2. How do I remove a Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a Trojan: Hello, I downloaded a file some days ago. After that I got warning from Windows security, "That comes with windows, not the scam" It said trojan detected. It was set to quarantine. After weeks later my computer act different. My files was looking weird. It does not say any...
  3. trojan win32 wacata g ml

trojan win32 wacata g ml: I really wanna know this specific trojan please is there a person that can tell me exactly this type of trojan? I heard it is not extracting your personal files but is that true? Also, my windows defender didn't do anything it just warned me, and then after a few minutes I...
  4. Trojan Virus Wacatac.C!ml

Trojan Virus Wacatac.C!ml: Hello, I recently bought software and installed it on my PC. However, the Software is refusing to open because of Microsoft Defender. I saw the following notification: https://prnt.sc/rt3a0n upon checking Microsoft defender. I reached out to the software provider...
  5. How do I remove a Trojan Virus

How do I remove a Trojan Virus: I tried to download a mod for Minecraft but it gave me a Trojan Virus. I can't get rid of it even with windows defender. And the virus is hidden in my pc so I can't find it to get rid of it. And I don't know the name of the virus. So many threats are being dowloaded on there...
  6. Visual Studio C script detected as Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio C script detected as Trojan virus: [ATTACH] Hi, I am trying to write a simple C code script on visual studio and it keeps getting detected as a Trojan:Win32/Ludicrouz.Z threat. Visual studio keeps timing out with the error that "operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or...
  7. Problem Removing Trojan bomitag.c!ml

Problem Removing Trojan bomitag.c!ml: Hi, I have trouble removing bomitag.c!ml Trojan from my laptop(windows 10). The windows defenders detects this Trojan every time I do a quick scan but it is unable to delete it permanently. Although I delete it by clicking on "start actions" in windows defender, it keeps...
  8. Trojan bomitag.c!ml

Trojan bomitag.c!ml: Hi, I have trouble removing bomitag.c!ml Trojan from my laptop(windows 10). The windows defenders detects this Trojan every time I do a quick scan but it is unable to delete it permanently. Although I delete it by clicking on "take action" in windows defender, it keeps...
  9. how do I remove the G.exe Trojan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove the G.exe Trojan.: how do I remove the G.exe Trojan. I noticed that when I shut down it said G will not shut down. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-gexe-trojan/027149d5-1b9f-41ed-b627-5469e6168fd5
  10. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?: [img] I believe I may have a malicious threat called VulkanRT. Above is the list of files in a folder called VulkanRT. I have not clicked on any of them. A site called Malwareless lists this as a Trojan. Even though the files are all dated 9/13/2017, the C:/ dir lists...