Windows 10: How do I remove/uninstalled components?

Discus and support How do I remove/uninstalled components? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I remove the pre-installed components/apps for tablet PC and Xbox One? I don't need tablet components on my PC, and I have no plan to get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ktchong, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ktchong Win User

How do I remove/uninstalled components?

How do I remove the pre-installed components/apps for tablet PC and Xbox One? I don't need tablet components on my PC, and I have no plan to get an Xbox One.

:)

ktchong, Aug 7, 2015
  2. LBXZero Win User

How do I remove uninstalled devices?

The AMD drivers were already removed thoroughly. This is not a problem with AMD or the drivers. This is absolutely a problem with Windows 10, Microsoft's problem.

The issue is not removing drivers. The issue is Windows Update is downloading an update for hardware that does not exist. Windows 10 somewhere still has a record of the hardware profile, and when I fully clean out the AMD drivers, Windows Update detects
    no drivers installed for the cataloged hardware.

Again, this is NOT a driver issue. This is an issue with Windows and its hardware detection and cataloging systems and how Windows Update responds.

LBXZero, Aug 7, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I remove uninstalled devices?

Let me assure you that Microsoft is not keeping a record of what video card you have so it can feed the information to Windows Update.

Windows Update scans your computer in order to know what drivers to offer. Which means that Windows Update is finding evidence of an AMD video card on your computer.

BulldogXX, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

I don't believe that these are full-fledged apps/components. They take minimal storage capacity (couple hundred megabytes each) and are more akin to placeholders locked in by Microsoft. If you go to System/apps and features, you can scroll down the listed apps and click on the offending apps. If they are placeholders the option to Move and/or Uninstall will be grayed out. If the uninstall option is present, go-to-town on them.

Snakeyes, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I remove/uninstalled components? - Similar Threads - remove uninstalled components

2. how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now

in Windows 10 Customization
    how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now: Same as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/sk_priv-sk_abuse/how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now/7894e591-e6a3-4424-84c2-67e6a5f646b5 this post. It has a page half full of actual users saying, "This is essentially spyware because I don't want it, and...
  3. how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now: Same as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum/sk_priv-sk_abuse/how-do-i-remove-uninstall-and-delete-meet-now/7894e591-e6a3-4424-84c2-67e6a5f646b5 this post. It has a page half full of actual users saying, "This is essentially spyware because I don't want it, and...
  4. How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?: Despite uninstalling them I still have traces of chrome, opera and brave. How do I get rid of them? 170352
  5. How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Remove Traces of Uninstalled Browsers?: Despite uninstalling them I still have traces of chrome, opera and brave. How do I get rid of them? 170352
  6. How do I remove, uninstall, and delete Meet Now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove, uninstall, and delete Meet Now?: So apparently this links in to Skype - which went from me barely using Skype to completely deleting it and blocking all related domains on my hardware Firewall. Now that there's no way for it to do anything at all, how do I stop it from existing on my machine. Hiding the...
  7. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  8. How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I uninstall/remove Windows Sonic completely?: Since latest may update every time I open any game it switches from dolby atmos to windows sonic and I have to exit the game and switch again to dolby atmos, it happens only at the first launch of any game. I tried reinstalling drivers, deleting dolby atmos and use DTS but...
  9. How Do I Remove a-volute nh3 Audio Effects Component

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Remove a-volute nh3 Audio Effects Component: Hello all. I noticed that a PC running for a user had a software called "Nahimic 3" installed and it was causing applications to crash on launch, it gave an error tied to its service .dll file. Upon investigation, this app is causing heap of issues so naturally I...
  10. How do I remove the components attached to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the components attached to Microsoft Edge: How do I remove the components attached to Microsoft Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-components-attached-to/0ae8cb79-950a-4b01-b744-ce5ac3b3f583

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a-volute software component