Windows 10: How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar?

Discus and support How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some time ago I set the option not to display weekday and date on the taskbar, but this reset with some update I didn't notice which one and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlánVillegas, Jul 1, 2021.

1. How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar?

Some time ago I set the option not to display weekday and date on the taskbar, but this reset with some update I didn't notice which one and now I can't find the option again to disable it. Using small icons for the task bar only hides weekday/date when the task bar is horizontal, not vertical.

:)

AlánVillegas, Jul 1, 2021

2. Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 1, 2021
  3. vertical task bar tp horizantal

How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal?

Racemaster, Jul 1, 2021
  4. pz2k Win User

How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar?

More custom layout on Task Bar

I use to put the Task Bar on the left of the desktop and strech it wider to see program titles on Task Bar. With a wider Task Bar, it can save more vertical space for program positions with more custom layout.

(1) Custom date time. Now it is time then day of the week then date from top to bottom. With custom date time, we can display them in just one line to save vertical space.

(2) Embed the input method icon into the icon lists, now the single input method icon occupy a whole line.

(3) Grid instead of list for programs. For example, some program don't need its title to be displayed on the Task Bar such as Task Manager/Screen Shot Tool, for such program, with a wide Task Bar, we can put 2 instance per line, e.g. put Task Manager and
    Screen Shot Tool on the same line. Even better we can configure this behavior for each program.

pz2k, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar?

1. How do I remove weekday and date from system tray when using a vertical task bar? - Similar Threads - remove weekday date

2. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  3. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  4. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Cortana
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  5. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  6. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical: The taskbar on my PC is displayed horizontally at the bottom of the screen. But from time to time after waking up the PC, but not always, it is displayed vertically on the left edge of the screen, without my having selected it. I set it back to horizontal, and then it recurs...
  8. Besides using the task manager, how do I remove XBOX from the notification tray?

Besides using the task manager, how do I remove XBOX from the notification tray?: When XBOX is in the notification tray, nothing can be done with it. Right click, left click, double-left-click, none of them do anything at all, yet the icon is there. Besides using the task manager to end the XBOX task, how do I doanything with that icon? Thanks....
  9. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...
  10. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"