Windows 10: How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kenner L, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Kenner L Win User

How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account?

My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, but my Microsoft Account installed Windows 10 Pro again. How do I stop my Microsoft Account from installing Windows 10 Pro on my HP laptop that came with Windows 10 Home?

:)

Kenner L, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account? :(

Zakin, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - remove Pro Microsoft

2. How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user: so guys i just wanna change my windows user microsoft account to something else but with same files no change pls help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-microsoft-account-from-my/26187221-f3fc-4d95-b3f0-217d7adffa60
  3. Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator: Hi, I was lent a Surface Book with Windows 10 by my school. It did not require a PIN or password to log in into a Windows session. I then downloaded microsoft word and excel because I have an 365 microsoft account. For some reason, it turns out my microsoft account is...
  4. How do I remove an account from windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove an account from windows 10?: I have a grand total of 3 accounts now linked to my windows 10 installation and only one of them (the one I actually want to be linked) I can actually remove. I go to settings>accounts>email&accounts and I only have the option to manage the accounts, but no button that says...
  5. How do I remove the login password for Windows 10 Pro using my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the login password for Windows 10 Pro using my microsoft account?: When I turn on my PC there are now two accounts both named the same, and both asks for a password even though I already disabled password login in netpwliz and the registry editor ?? I do know my password but it’s useless since i’m the only one using my Computer !! submitted...
  6. How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I permanently remove Windows 10 Pro from my Microsoft User Account?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 Home and I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. As soon as I upgraded, my Audio stopped working properly. It cuts out after 2 seconds. So, I reset the computer to reinstall Windows 10 Home, *but my Microsoft User Account installed Windows...
  7. Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10 pro. I associated my Microsoft account as I'm about to reformat/reset the laptop. While doing some test I'm trying to disassociate my Microsoft account from the laptop however the remove option that the forum is...
  8. How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove my Microsoft account from my Windows 10 computer?: Having a real issue with Windows broadcasting my info online, all I want to do is remove my account from my laptop, have no interest in having any account attached to my laptop, just want to use my accounts necessary and leave them logged out when not, instead of constantly...
  9. How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove a device from my Microsoft Account?: My Microsoft Account page/Devices has a PC device which has been out of service for almost a year. How do I remove this device from my account? There are no topics in the menu for Microsoft account, so I don't know if this will go to the correct community, or which one to...
  10. How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I to remove device from my microsoft account?: How do I to remove device from my microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-to-remove-device-from-my-microsoft/e7f2b810-9719-4f2d-b19b-90e5a8745ac6