Windows 10: How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery?

Discus and support How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Best I can determine Windows Photo Gallery is part of Windows Essentials. But, I cannot remove Windows Essentials without removing Movie Maker which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iamjim, Aug 25, 2016.

1. iamjim Win User

How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery?

Best I can determine Windows Photo Gallery is part of Windows Essentials. But, I cannot remove Windows Essentials without removing Movie Maker which I use. So, how can I remove Photo Gallery and only Photo Gallery?

:)

iamjim, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Kmidnew Win User

Photo nightmare How do I remove the dated folders & get back my own labeled folders in windows 10 ?

I can not even copy a folder in "photos" and put back into pictures so I can actually work with them an organize them! I can not even upload them to a photo site! I would like some direction Microsoft - this change is awful. I also had to look up how
    to even find my photos!

Kmidnew, Aug 25, 2016
  3. how do I remove photos from win 10 photo collections

I downloaded from camera automatically goes into Windows Photos and is grouped in the Collection Area. Windows automatically selects and distributes with bogus months and years that doesn't corresponds to the dates these were taken. Example Halloween photos
    from 2006 with photos downloaded of my car being restored in bodyshop from this week. This is the photo app that came with Windows 10.

I know I can make albums by creating an album and then selecting from the collection screen pictures I want in that album and then create a title for that.

I wouldn't have to do this if we could edit the collection area. When you open photos that is the first screen that appears . Iran app troubleshooter there are no issues detected. Can we edit collections screen more the just deleting photos?

Thanks for the speedy reply earlier..... April

aprilorlando, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

It's simple. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. elect Windows Essentials and you can remove selected Essentials programs (including Photo Gallery) or repair the installation.

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  5. iamjim Win User
    When I try that I get this. I interpret it to mean I will remove Movie Maker. That's why I asked how to remove Photo Gallery without removing Movie Maker.

iamjim, Aug 26, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    You are right - I have the same now I selected the option. I thought you might be able to uninstall them both then just reinstall Movie Maker. However, the Essentials 2012 installer I got from MS installs both Movie Maker and Photo Gallery. I found this MS link for Movie Maker so you could see if that installs just Movie Maker https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...maker-download A Google search shows other non MS sources for downloading Movie Maker but you might not want to trust those. I don't think this is a big deal - you could just ignore Photo Gallery since it takes up hardly any space.

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  7. iamjim Win User
    The problem is, after I upgraded to 10 every time I import images from a media (SD/camera) card it throws up an image from the card in Photo Gallery and I have to click it away each and every time.

iamjim, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

In that case, you need to configure your autoplay options at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\AutoPlay

Steve C, Aug 26, 2016
  9. iamjim Win User
    I didn't realize that control existed. That fixed it.

Thanks very much.

iamjim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery? - Similar Threads - remove Photo Gallery

2. Windows Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Gallery: I have been using Windows Photo Gallery on my desktop with Windows 10 and before that . The new version of Windows 10 did not include it and I didn't like the included new Photos program. If I upgrade to Windows 11 will I have to download Photo Gallery again and, most...
  3. Windows photo gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows photo gallery: Wow! Just upgraded to windows 10 I guess you could call it that. You deleted the most important program to me, Windows Photo Gallery. I had all my photos in there and so easy to edit them all or one at a time. GONE. What were you thinking? Damn. Now I know i can...
  4. Photo gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo gallery: How do I remove pictures that were automatically downloaded from the internet and put in my photo gallery..and therefore using up my space. and how can I stop that from happening? Thanks for any help you can offer!!...
  5. Windows photo gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows photo gallery: I just purchased an HP laptop with Windows 10 and do not like the photo program. How can I install Windows Photo Gallery? Also, I cannot find a way to "Save websites to my favorites tab...any help? Paul...
  6. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I move from one picture to another in Photo Gallery WITHOUT Slide Show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/71525ccf-6da8-431f-9f49-4b2ead1a70cb
  7. photo gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    photo gallery: Photo gallery,not working as it should,can I update,Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-gallery/0f4e5b2a-0138-4884-8bff-7701c1ad525c
  8. Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery: How do I copy a photo from one folder to another (in Photo Gallery)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-gallery/1408aca9-4d5f-4811-acd6-921049531f59
  9. Windows Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photo Gallery: This just started happening today. When I open a photo, it displays for about one second then closes and goes back to the previous screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have Windows 10....
  10. How do I add captions to photos? Photo Gallery not available in Win10

How do I add captions to photos? Photo Gallery not available in Win10: The new Photos app in Windows 10 (while allowing a variety of editing functions), does not allow me to add a caption, i.e., update the Title attribute of a JPEG file. The old Windows Photo Gallery in Windows 7 was very useful in this regard, since I could update a number of...