Windows 10: How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

Discus and support How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Excel 2019 64 Bit and Excel 2010 32 Bit installed on my Acer Laptop. I wish to be able to right click on an Excel File and have it open with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaslake, Dec 28, 2019.

1. jaslake Win User

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

I have Excel 2019 64 Bit and Excel 2010 32 Bit installed on my Acer Laptop. I wish to be able to right click on an Excel File and have it open with either Excel 2019 64 Bit or Excel 2010 32 Bit, depending on which I select. My issue is that BOTH Options are Named Excel 2010...see the Image below. I need to rename the 1st item to Excel 2019. It opens the proper version of Excel but it's mislabeled in the Menu. How can I rename the First Item from Excel 2010 to Excel 2019?

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"?? 6736d27e-bd2a-4044-8651-5b76824328af?upload=true.png

:)

jaslake, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open the Photo App.
    • Click on photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select open the folder.
    • Right click on the photo and select rename.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2019
  3. when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

But I've tried that and the only options are, share, delete copy

sandrakelly_580, Dec 28, 2019
  4. How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

when i try to right click to rename a photo in windows 10 the option is not there

Hi Sandra

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to follow the steps and screen shot and check if you are able to find the option to Rename the files:

• Open the Photo App.
    • Click on photo.

Next, Right click on the photo and select the option Open folder.

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"?? ebeb603b-ba1b-4a2f-8c3d-23604aedca89.png

Once file explorer open, Right click on the photo and select the option Rename.

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"?? 22e07107-c9af-4ba2-995c-8b17d356c244.png

Now try to rename the photo and check if you are able to do it. Let us know if you unable to find these options.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

1. How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"?? - Similar Threads - rename Application Right

2. Can't right click on applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click on applications: When I right click on applications on my Windows 11 desktop the cursor turns into the loading icon and the Desktop turns unusable because the loading icon won't go away until I restart my system. This also happens when i right click applications on the explorer tab. Right...
  3. Can't right click on applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click on applications: When I right click on applications on my Windows 11 desktop the cursor turns into the loading icon and the Desktop turns unusable because the loading icon won't go away until I restart my system. This also happens when i right click applications on the explorer tab. Right...
  4. Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window: Hi, I have activated Application guard for Edge. Is there a way to right click and open new link in application guard window from normal browsing? The only options I see are; Open New Link in, 'new tab' , 'new window' , 'new inprivate window'. To have the option to open a...
  5. Right clicking on an application freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on an application freezes: When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my computer or the explorer. If it's in the file explorer, it just freezes with the circle and I have to close it from the taskbar...
  6. How do I make it stop doing this when I right click applications? It just started doing it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make it stop doing this when I right click applications? It just started doing it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beerisuber1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l30z82/how_do_i_make_it_stop_doing_this_when_i_right/
  7. Right click function of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  8. Right click Delete/Rename missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click Delete/Rename missing: Hi. Within the last 2 weeks my Right click menu no longer contains Delete or Rename options when attempting either function on a selected file. Help please. JF...
  9. how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i disable right click start menu on open-shell: hi i want to disable right clicking on my start menu im using open-shell, on windows 10 64bit version 1909, ive searched online and found information but not the answer im looking for please help. being specific if you right click the start menu with either classic shell or...
  10. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?: After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop suddenly...