Windows 10: How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd

Discus and support How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't usually do very complicated things with computers, I went to startup recovery mode, to troubleshooting and then cmd and I want to know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mycatisabird, Jun 4, 2020.

1. How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd

I don't usually do very complicated things with computers, I went to startup recovery mode, to troubleshooting and then cmd and I want to know how to rename files now that I'm here. Apologies if I'm not explaining very well.

submitted by /u/Mycatisabird
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mycatisabird, Jun 4, 2020

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. renaming file in CMD window 10

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: Windows and CMD

RandallBrock, Jun 4, 2020
  4. How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd

rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

i m have done that and get a error by looking on the internet i m have fixs it

3 How to rename cmd.exe to command.exe

Step 1: Open the old Control Panel

Step 2: go to System

Step 3: Advanced System Settings

Step 4: On the resulting dialog, Click the 'Environment Variables' button

Step 5: On the next dialog, in the System Variables section, find ComSpec

Step 6: change the C:\Windows\System32\cmd exe to the name you have given your real cmd backup, I used command.exe as example above

Step 7: go to C:\Windows\System32, search for cmd.exe.mui, rename it to command.exe.mui or whatever you have named the real cmd backup

step 8: open regedit go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command

step 9: open (Default)

Step 10: Change "SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "%1"%" to

"SystemRoot%\system32\command.exe /C "%1"%" ( so only rename cmd to command ( becouse you have change the cmd.exe to command

scambaiter wob, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd

1. How do I rename files while in startup recovery cmd - Similar Threads - rename files while

2. How do i uninstall a program using cmd in Recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i uninstall a program using cmd in Recovery?: So i am currently running a windows server for some purposes, and when i last time booted the computer, suddenly the mouse and keyboard are no longer to be working, so i thought that there is a program i downloaded it before it happened, so i cannot boot into safe mode...
  3. How do i uninstall a program using cmd in Recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i uninstall a program using cmd in Recovery?: So i am currently running a windows server for some purposes, and when i last time booted the computer, suddenly the mouse and keyboard are no longer to be working, so i thought that there is a program i downloaded it before it happened, so i cannot boot into safe mode...
  4. How do i uninstall a program using cmd in Recovery?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Focus loss while renaming files exits rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Focus loss while renaming files exits rename: Is there any way to stop file explorer from exiting rename when focus is lost? Like if I'm using a clipboard manager and have to click outside the window to paste the clip, it exits rename instead of renaming it....
  6. Rename Files using CMD but keep suffix/prefrix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files using CMD but keep suffix/prefrix?: Hi! I'm using command prompt to rename files. Most of the files are easy renames such as "hhs.pdf" renamed to "Hospice House Services.pdf". However, I do have some files that need to have individual suffixes. Ex. Verbal Order 49778, Verbal Order 49803, Verbal Order 49804...
  7. renaming cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    renaming cmd: hey guys i forgot my laptops password not long time ago so i had to rename cmd to utilman and utilman to ultimana. now i need to change it back and it doesnt let me bc of trustedinstaller. i changed settings that me (administrator) could change the name but it still doesnt...
  8. How do I rename files with muliple file extensions in the name

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename files with muliple file extensions in the name: I have been unable to find a quick solution to a simply problem concerning the accidental naming of windows files with quadruple file extensions. Windows 10 will allow someone to name a file test.txt.txt.txt.txt but I am also finding programs that double file extensions.In my...
  9. CMD on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD on startup: so when I start up my computer and log in and after a few minutes the CMD will open up and then it will copy itself until I close the main one by the time I close it there are about 50 CMD boxes I don't know how to fix it...
  10. How do i rename a file using the touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i rename a file using the touch pad: How do I rename a file using the touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-a-file-using-the-touch-pad/cd89211c-ba75-4265-9fdb-d2f4343fbd08