Windows 10: How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?

Discus and support How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I have a computer with a bunch of GPUS running, how can I name the GPUS so that I can identify them later on? When I look in device manager, they're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Possibility-Capable, Nov 9, 2020.

1. How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?

If I have a computer with a bunch of GPUS running, how can I name the GPUS so that I can identify them later on? When I look in device manager, they're all the same. I found a way to edit the friendly name, but that only seemed to work for the first GPU that I plugged in.

Basically I have a bunch of GPU's, and I need some way of knowing which one is causing a problem. driver information seems to constantly change on me, so if I index using the first installation date, that isn't consistent. The PCI bus # also seems inconsistent, because it changes when I plug in another GPU.

Under the device properties > details, there are a bunch of different values, are any of these tied directly to the specific GPU that I'm installing?

submitted by /u/Possibility-Capable
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Possibility-Capable, Nov 9, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Nov 9, 2020
  4. How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?

GPU

Yes. Usually, multiple GPUs work if there is a heavy load.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU?

1. How do I rename multiple GPUS/Add a description to a specific GPU? - Similar Threads - rename multiple GPUS

2. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  3. How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename Device Driver Description under its name?: Hi,I'm trying to rename device description, tried renaming it in registry friendlyName but it returns its name after I turn off and on again.How to remove this "2-"?Thanks...
  4. Effect of Multiple GPUs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Effect of Multiple GPUs?: I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3060TI and my brother got a new GPU as well. I took his old GPU which is a 1060-3GB and installed it into my computer as a second graphics card. I have four monitors and I have my first and second main monitors connected to the 3060TI and my...
  5. Effect of Multiple GPUs?

Effect of Multiple GPUs?: I recently upgraded my GPU to a 3060TI and my brother got a new GPU as well. I took his old GPU which is a 1060-3GB and installed it into my computer as a second graphics card. I have four monitors and I have my first and second main monitors connected to the 3060TI and my...
  6. How can I add description details to a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add description details to a file?: In some folders, I have a lot of files, and sorting by tags or giving files a rating would tremendously help. So my question is how can I give "tags" or a "rating" to any file?...
  7. Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...: Hello;If you search this you will find well framed questions that receive no replies and get locked shortly after posting, it's very curious.The previous poster had a Nvidia 1080 and 1650 and wanted to pick which would accelerate a given app on a case by case basis. was...
  8. New to GPUs - GPU needs power - not sure how to plug 'er in

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New to GPUs - GPU needs power - not sure how to plug 'er in: Quick question. I purchased a used graphics card on Ebay ('cause I'm cheap that way, and I really couldn't justify it anyway). At any rate, it's an MSI GTX 970 4GD5 OC. Enough with the details. It did not come with a power supply, so I dug through my cables and found a cable...
  9. Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning an Application to run on a specific Dedicated GPU when multiple Dedicated GPUs...: Hello All, I have tried to do some research on this topic but have only come out to dead ends and it seems like the function that is built into nvidia control panel is somehow overridden by windows. Lets explain: First my PC specs: Ryzen 2700x No integrated GPU Nvidia...
  10. how do i add some description to my photos?

how do i add some description to my photos?: I would like to add some description to my pothos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-some-description-to-my-photos/cd3b01da-ecbf-4b3d-b256-62d872ac68b7