Windows 10: How do I rename my wifi connection?

Discus and support How do I rename my wifi connection? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I rename my wifi connection?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnHaupt1, Oct 28, 2020.

1. How do I rename my wifi connection?

How do I rename my wifi connection?

:)

JohnHaupt1, Oct 28, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 28, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 28, 2020
  4. How do I rename my wifi connection?

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I rename my wifi connection?

1. How do I rename my wifi connection? - Similar Threads - rename wifi connection

2. how do I connect my printer to my new wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I connect my printer to my new wifi: how do I connect my printer to the new wifi. HP printer 5740 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-printer-to-my-new-wifi/f6fcbf8f-c6d6-4983-a2c1-5fb3aaaee8cd
  3. how do I connect my printer to my new wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I connect my printer to my new wifi: how do I connect my printer to the new wifi. HP printer 5740 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-my-printer-to-my-new-wifi/f6fcbf8f-c6d6-4983-a2c1-5fb3aaaee8cd
  4. how do I connect my printer to my new wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do I rename my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I rename my account?: I have a new laptop which somehow named my account. In the past, I had the capability to name my account. Is that still available? I am the owner and administrator of this laptop....
  6. how do I rename my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I rename my account?: I have a new laptop which somehow named my account. In the past, I had the capability to name my account. Is that still available? I am the owner and administrator of this laptop....
  7. How do i connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...
  8. How do i connect to my wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...
  9. How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?: [ATTACH] The past few weeks I have been connected to multiple routers for testing purposes using an ethernet cable. Now this page in settings shows my current connection as Network 8, but it used to be just Network. How can I reset this name without reinstalling Windows?...
  10. How do I rename my mouse and keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename my mouse and keyboard?: I've renamed quite a few USB sticks and cards. However, this seems to be because it shows up in the file explorer. I would like to rename my keyboard and mouse, which don't show up in the file explorer. I can go to control panel > devices and printers and view my devices....